Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote control won't turn on
6283 13 2016-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
islandflyer
lvl.1

Guam

I've had my P4 for about two weeks. After my third flight the remote would not shut off. No matter how soft or hard I pressed the power button it wouldn't turn off. I had no choice but to pack it up and have the battery in the remote run itself down. I then charged it fully and tried to power it on without success.  I've been using DJI products since the P1 so I'm not new to flying these things. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
2016-7-4
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

what happens if you press one time the power button ..?
which was the course like to show what power there is in the controller ...
what if you set it to the charger shows it as the lights change if lights as it should ..?
2016-7-4
Use props
Rutger
Portugal

Sounds like your power button is broken...
2016-7-4
Use props
islandflyer
lvl.1

Guam

Jan Jensen Posted at 2016-7-4 22:28
what happens if you press one time the power button ..?
which was the course like to show what power ...

Nothing happens at all.
2016-7-4
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

islandflyer Posted at 2016-7-4 14:54
Nothing happens at all.

Maybe a dumb question .. But have you tried to put it to the charger again and see if it can turn on when clipped to the charger.

I know nothing about who should be a small reset button somewhere on the controller
2016-7-4
Use props
islandflyer
lvl.1

Guam

Jan Jensen Posted at 2016-7-5 00:14
Maybe a dumb question .. But have you tried to put it to the charger again and see if it can turn  ...

Yes; I tried that as well. I do not know of any reset button but am willing to try anything to get it to work again.
2016-7-4
Use props
islandflyer
lvl.1

Guam

Rutger Posted at 2016-7-4 22:43
Sounds like your power button is broken...

How disappointing.
2016-7-4
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

does the power button say the click when you push it..?
2016-7-4
Use props
islandflyer
lvl.1

Guam

Jan Jensen Posted at 2016-7-5 01:44
does the power button say the click when you push it..?

Yes, it 'clicks' when pressed.
2016-7-4
Use props
david.p.mann
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just to be sure - you know you have to press the power button twice. The first time is a hard, single press to get all four lights on the remote to light up. Then, quickly, before the four lights return to normal status showing remaining power level, you need to press the power button and HOLD it in until the power button lights count down - four, three, two, one, OFF.
2016-7-4
Use props
islandflyer
lvl.1

Guam

Yes, I am aware of the power up procedure. I had successfully flown the P4 three times already when I started experiencing the issues with the power button.
2016-7-4
Use props
david.p.mann
Captain
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

islandflyer Posted at 2016-7-4 14:23
Yes, I am aware of the power up procedure. I had successfully flown the P4 three times already when  ...

OK - had to ask.  Sounds like you have a failed power button or circuit inside the remote. That's unfortunate - first time I've heard of this particular failure. Arrange with DJI to have it returned for service.  

While you wait for repairs you might consider picking up a new or used P3 Pro/Adv RC on eBay.  I've bought two new or slightly-used P3 Pro remotes for less than $200.  They can be paired quickly with your P4. Then you'll have a spare when your P4 remote is returned from servicing.
2016-7-4
Use props
islandflyer
lvl.1

Guam

Thanks for the advice David.
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello islandflyer, it is possible a hardware issue. I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support via support@dji.com and send it in for diagnosis.
2016-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules