Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Fly Zone Authorization -- Is it possible with airport consent?
1645 7 2016-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eta1131
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>

Hi,

I am working with the Air National Gaurd, Civil Airpatrol and our county airport to do some demostrations for 200 cadets in the coming the weeks adjacent to the airfield.   I was hoping to us my inspires as i have the Zenmuse XT and it would be nice to demo  search and rescue and they are just easire to fly than my custom with an A2.   

If DJI is provided the necessary proof from the powers listed above, can the NFZ be lifted for a specified period of time?

Thank you.

Ed
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

With GEO, you pretty much self authorize yourself. You are stating that you have the required permission to be flying there.
The GEO system is currently non-operational BUT, it will be up very soon.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
2016-7-4
Use props
eta1131
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3032966 ft
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-5 12:58
With GEO, you pretty much self authorize yourself. You are stating that you have the required permis ...

Thank you Ken.

So does this mean until it is operational there is nothing that can be done?   Do you have any idea as to when it will be live?

Thank you
Ed
2016-7-5
Use props
adelica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1745446 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi Ken,
As per the latest firmware update, yellow authorization zones are still available to fly?
2016-7-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

eta1131@gmail.c Posted at 2016-7-5 18:27
Thank you Ken.

So does this mean until it is operational there is nothing that can be done?   Do  ...

GEO is now up for Android, Hopefully IOS is very soon.Please read and familiarize yourself with it.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
2016-7-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

adelica Posted at 2016-7-5 20:26
Hi Ken,
As per the latest firmware update, yellow authorization zones are still available to fly?

It's up and running for Android now, so you'll have no problem on Android, IOS should be very soon.
2016-7-5
Use props
fans1d99dad5
New

Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-5 15:20
It's up and running for Android now, so you'll have no problem on Android, IOS should be very soon ...

Hello Boys and Girls,
I want to point out my expiriences with the new no fly zones in Germany.
I am a professional Cameraman and i use the inpire only for work of course with local permissions.
Normally i get a permission, if i have the general ascending permission for the state in germany in 1 or 2 days.
When you want to use the inspire for ascending in the red zones you need of course the local permission to ascend.
But unfortunately this is not enough, you have to write to DJI and with the right permission, they send you a beta version from the app, where you can choose
to unlock the red zone at every start.
Without that your inspire will not fly!!!!!!!!!!!
That is not mentioned clearly in the description.
The time you need to get this unlock code could be several weeks!!!!!
I got my first response from DJI after 4 Days.
So if you are planning to ascend at a no fly zone you need very much time and you have to install a beta version from thew dji go app.
So it will need several weeks for organising or the elction of another product.
regards
stefan
2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans1d99dad5 Posted at 2016-11-8 18:20
Hello Boys and Girls,
I want to point out my expiriences with the new no fly zones in Germany.
I a ...

That is correct, here is the link to unlock yellow zones. For red zones please email FlySafe@dji.com.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules