Female voice-over
3331 10 2016-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

I've noticed in some YouTube videos that before people take off with their P4 drones, a female voice briefly speaks and says something along the lines of "home point location has been updated, please check the map", or similar.

I believe she's talking about the home location being recorded so that the drone knows where to come back when the RTH button is pressed.

I think all of the voiceover sound effects are a nice touch, really. Though I've only heard one or two of her sound effects so far, as I don't have a P4 drone yet, but will shortly. It would be nice too if there were different voiceovers to choose from, maybe male voices. But I do prefer the female one it has already, sounds like something out of a James Bond movie, or a high-end GPS navigation device.

Are there any other times where she talks? or can you set options in the settings for her to talk during certain situations like when you land the drone or press the RTH button?

2016-7-4
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

I find she sounds like siri, and yes she will tell you when your battery level is low and when its critical....When you auto take of n land too I believe, I'm not sure if she says anything else
2016-7-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I think if you find yourself facing directly towards another Phantom 4, within a certain close proximity, there is dialogue.
They actually have a short private conversation, share data, and then take lovely selfies together. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-7-4
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-4 22:30
I find she sounds like siri, and yes she will tell you when your battery level is low and when its c ...

That's really handy that she announces crucial events such as those, because I know a whole ton of Phantom 4 pilots out there will be gawking at their screens or up at the drone itself in the distance and not realize at all that their bird's about to run out of 'juice' and their drone's like almost 500 meters away in distance.

I'm not sure if she announces when the P4 drone has regained connection after losing signal and returning to it's recorded home location, hope she does.

I don't think I could get annoyed by her talking. I'll have to give her a name once I have my Phantom 4. Maybe Sophie or Melissa.
2016-7-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I can wear my Bluetooth wireless Parrot ZIK headphones, and never miss a beat. Hahaha
But Wait till you hear her yell at you, about a Compass error!! ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-7-4
Use props
Will.H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-7-4 22:55
I can wear my Bluetooth wireless Parrot ZIK headphones, and never miss a beat. Hahaha
But Wait till  ...

Even if you didn't have her, remember with the battery warning, if it gets critical, it should fly back home anyway.
2016-7-4
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-7-4 22:55
But Wait till  ...

I believe I've seen that compass error occurring in a Phantom 3 related YouTube video. In the video, the guy had calibrated his P3 drone alongside a industrial area full of steel equipment, and so the compass on the drone got itself messed up. On the map on the DJI Go app, you could clearly see that the drone seemed to be flying backwards when in fact it was going in a forward direction. Alas to say, it was difficult to land the aircraft, but he managed to despite all of the odd drifting problems. Got to be careful about where you calibrate and use the drone, whether it be a P3 or P4, that's for sure.

Here's the vid, enjoy.

2016-7-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

In short, you cannot change the voice to a male voice, and you cannot choose what she announces. She actually hads quite a large vocabulary, and the announcements are designed to get your attention if you are not watching the display screen.
2016-7-4
Use props
Beeworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

This is really important - does anyone know if 'she' has a name? DJI, do you guys call her by something? Is 'she' the same voice behind the Mavic Pro? I find it reassuring to have her in the cockpit beside me, as she always stays calm and collected ... knowing her name just seems, well, polite! Cheers, DB
2020-1-3
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

She would be even more calming if she had a slight french accent, I think
2020-1-4
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

It's very simple. Men will  respond to a sexy  female voice.
2020-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules