Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Would you pay anything to be able to fly in FCC mode everywhere?
1371 12 2016-7-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Imagine this beautiful lonely Island - but you cannot reach it because its outside FCC territory and your remote control cuts your dbm / mw output to "civilized" values. So you dont have the range to get there. Ever been in such a situation?

If there would be a way to force your RC to put out FCC power everywhere (of course only where it is allowed but not possible because its not in USA) would you just want it for free or would you pay for it?

PS: Everyone who is thinking now switching tablet/smartphone to USA will unveil FCC power unfortunately this is not the case. Actual measurement of power output does not confirm this theory. In fact it changes nothing. I you "experienced" this helps its a placebo.
2016-7-5
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

What are talking about?
If it's a 'lonely beautiful island' it's probably in the middle of nowhere so little to no rf noise floor.
Therefore even at 100mW/20dbw EIRP you would get 2km or more out of a stock set up.
If you are flying further than that then you are stupid and irresponsible.

In fact, anything over 500m away from you is outside of most countries regulations. 1000mW would be pointless at legal distances.
2016-7-5
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Austria

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-7-5 22:38
What are talking about?
If it's a 'lonely beautiful island' it's probably in the middle of nowhere s ...

be happy with your regulations and applaud for government enslavement

are EU citizens so much more stupid then Americans that they cannot handle drones with FCC power output?
2016-7-5
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2016-7-6 03:03
be happy with your regulations and applaud for government enslavement

are EU citizens so much mo ...

Oh, you're one of THOSE! 'The establishment is against me and I will do what I want' brigade.
The 400ft altitude, 500m distance limit is there for a good reason and I operate commercially and have never not been able to get the shots I want within those limits.
Grow up and stop whining like a baby because you think you should have more EIRP just because someone else has. Jeez!

2016-7-5
Use props
Wieg1
lvl.3

Italy

I live in Europe and it would help me a greater transmission power (fcc).
It is also a matter of safety in the presence of any obstacles.
If there was a way ....
The distance is certainly an element of risk, but I saw many more irresponsible behaviors at few as 100 meters.
On the roads there are speed limits but are sold Ferrari and Porsche cars that can reach 300 kmh.
Anything in the air is dangerous without brain, it is not a question of distance.
I suggest to stop with criticism from amateur policemen.
2016-7-6
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Austria

I think my posting got misunderstood.

I am not whining at all because I know how I could fly with FCC power output no matter in which location. And YES it does work.

There is a video someone measures the direct output power with no antenna connected   and he gets about 22mw / 13dbm with a GL658B.

Now I have exactly the same equipment and got exactly the same values as shown in the video BUT then found a way to get about 40mw / 16dbm - actually I managed to switch to FCC mode.

It can rather fast be enabled and disabled and is basically not detectable from outside or from spectators around.

2016-7-6
Use props
Wieg1
lvl.3

Italy

...but you're not explaining how you can switch to FCC power.
..or maybe I missed something ...
2016-7-6
Use props
JJ_2016
lvl.1

Norway

Its a good chance he wants us to pay for it. I would definitively not pay for it, but wouldnt mind to know how its done if its as easy as he wants us to believe.
2016-7-6
Use props
vincenzomiceli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1696781 ft
Ireland

I have flown my Inspire to 3.3Km over sea in EU, but I don't know how much further I could go (and still return it home). Also this signal was still pretty good but just more dependent on remote alignment with the aircraft. I have no idea how much power is the remote or the Inspire outputting but if there is a way to tweak that it would be nice to know.

V.
2016-7-6
Use props
Tharg (from the
First Officer
United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2016-7-6 14:05
I think my posting got misunderstood.

I am not whining at all because I know how I could fly with F ...

Well that's good but that's around 60mW less than the permitted output of 100mW EIRP in the EU - so you can keep it!
Since you will not have the ability to put the RC into Engineering Mode tests like in the video are totally meaningless as the o/p power of the TX is dynamically altered depending on what is 'called' upon by the FHSS technology. It is not a fixed amplitude carrier.
2016-7-6
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Austria

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-7-6 23:50
Well that's good but that's around 60mW less than the permitted output of 100mW EIRP in the EU - so ...

I am aware of this.

However this is just what comes out of the remote without putting an antenna on it. Putting different kind of antennas on it - I cannot measure the total effect then.

But as we know the GL658B which I used has far less power then the GL658C and also the GL658A has at least more much more mw output though not much difference in dbm.

As in continental Europe its almost impossible to earn any money with an Inspire, its definitely not like USA, UK or Australia where people are much mure open minded, I cannot afford a GL658C to test its values also and reveal the real difference between GL658B and C. Though it would be interesting.
2016-7-6
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Austria

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-7-6 23:50
Well that's good but that's around 60mW less than the permitted output of 100mW EIRP in the EU - so ...

The output is not constant but +/- 2 mw as seen on the video if this is an effect of frequency hopping I dont know but its true that the values differ slightly at different frequencies.

I did not only test the RC alone but also with the Inspire powered on and motors started. The RC does not need antennas to work the Inspire can also be used with the measure device on it just the range is much lower without antennas but the Inspire can still be tested. This was necessary to make sure the FCC setting is kept with the Inspire actually connected and powered.

If the values go even higher when flying full speed or in far range I dont know.  

But I can turn on and off FCC power and it always changes correctly between the values where the basic values are about 20mw EC and 40mw FCC. I dont think the Inspire needs more range actually it has more range then battery but it needs more penetration is looses connection rather easy even only 50m behind trees. More power should be a safety concern.

When i am flying through different countries you cannot imagine how often I already heared from people passing by and looking that they also had a drone but lost it somewhere and never found it again. Actually I am sure there are thousands of drones (not only DJI) out there hidden in the woods, lakes and mountains which got victims of EC power output.
2016-7-6
Use props
Wieg1
lvl.3

Italy

... Well, so what?
Machoman, let we go to the practical issue.
..I can be interested, and then?
2016-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules