Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
warranty for stupid?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft

well, it was bound to happen...been flying since 1982 and still crash I guess.  unless DJI warranties stupidity I guess Im on the hook.  Actually I already ordered a new shell, as well as a new P3 aircraft only replacement.  I was playing around today, after a long night of fireworks filming, practicing my "IFR" skillz.  I had measured the height of the tallest tree with a protractor/sting, and added 50 feet, but somehow got it wrong.  I clipped the top of the tree and the pro came tumbling down to the ground.  I am AMAZED that all that was damaged was 2 broken props and a bent body arm.  in fact, I straightened out the arm as best I could and UV glued the buckled halves and it flies ALMOST perfectly!  but that motor is misaligned and the craft is wobbly and drifts in yaw very slowly.....so, the new craft will hget the VPS/camera, the new shell will get the old guts and be dedicated to FPV goggle low flying, and I will be extra happy
2016-7-5
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Damn trees - why don't they fit those things with aerial warning lights like tall buildings have?

2016-7-5
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

All trees need to be fitted with this mechanism to avoid approaching aircraft:
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash, kdcox. Hopefully you'll back in the sky soon after your repairing.  
2016-7-6
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3

Thanks, paladin, appreciate the sentiment.  Quick question: as stated above, I intend to put my vps and camera on the new p3p, and reshell the banged up p3p.  Can I control both (not at the same time of course) with the one controller that I now have?  Thanks!
2016-7-7
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3

Well I've searched a lot and can't find the answer....I assume I would just have to rebind each time I switched aircraft.  Guess I'll experiment and find out and post the answer for the next googler lol
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-7-6 18:44
All trees need to be fitted with this mechanism to avoid approaching aircraft: https://youtu.be/lMEu ...

It would definitely make things a whole lot easier.
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

kdcox Posted at 2016-7-8 05:32
Well I've searched a lot and can't find the answer....I assume I would just have to rebind each time ...

If you do end up having two aircrafts and one RC, you are correct in that you will need to rebind everytime you switch between the two.
2016-7-8
Use props
theeasynine
lvl.2

United States

Guess the obstacle avoidance in the P4 is worth the money! Sorry to hear about that.
2016-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules