Z15 GH4 horizontal Line Interference
1372 4 2016-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ergo30
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

I hope someone can help, on the setup below I am experiencing horizontal interference lines scrolling slowly down the monitor screen when viewing the video feed, its not blocking the view on the monitor but they are quite annoying.  I know that the Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal had similiar issues whereby to overcome the issue an earth wire was connected between the gimbal camera cradle and the negative on the FPV transmitter.  Is there a similiar work around for the Z15 with GH4 setup.

My setup is as below.

DJI S1000
Z15 with Panasonic GH4
Immersion TX'r on the S1000
doesnt really matter about the monitor as it appears on both the monitor and the Fatshark PFV goggles.

Hope someone can help.

Simon
2016-7-6
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Sounds like your HDMI board is about to go.   I have replaced about 8 of them out of 11 of our zenmuse GH4 gimbals
2016-7-8
Use props
ergo30
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Flaviomjr, I've only had this a short time (weeks) and not used it much but will most definitely look at this, I had ruled that out as its brand new.  Thanks for replying, I only came across your reply as I was browsing and saw my post.  It hadnt notified my.
2016-7-12
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156401 ft
United States

ergo30 Posted at 2016-7-12 21:08
Thanks Flaviomjr, I've only had this a short time (weeks) and not used it much but will most definit ...

I have two Z15-GH4 gimbals and both have had bad boards.  Read through this forum and you'll see that the failure rate is high.  From my experience, when the board goes bad the light on the front of the gimbal will be solid red.

I've had similar problems to what you're experiencing.  Take a look at this thread and this thread as you might find some of the information useful.

2016-7-12
Use props
ergo30
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Timonroecg, the links are great and will look into this now.  if this turns out to be the case it will be shocking, I thought it may be my wiring, I use a standard Immersion TX'r for the video and thought that I should maybe upgrade the down link but looking at this I think I will do this first.  Im trying to set up as a business here and could do without these types of issues, I was considering investing in the Lightbridge 2 as I will need to be presenting HD images to perspective clients at some point (he says with crossed fingers).  I can by with the downlink for my eyes only as the client will be getting the media captured on the camera but if I get someone who wants to view live streaming they wouldnt be impressed.
2016-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules