Any problems with DJI-Go 2.8.4 for iOS?
1570 6 2016-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I see there is an iOS update available in the Apple App Store, but.. I've turned off my auto updates.  I'm still a little gun-shy from the last DJI-Go update that broke the video link.

Any iOS users using the new 2.8.4?   Any problems noted?

Thanks in advance....

2016-7-6
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Same from me.
2016-7-6
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Portugal

waiting too...
2016-7-6
Use props
DerikA
lvl.2

United States

I am a little gun shy with updating the app as well. I accidentally hit my update all apps this morning and grabbed the new go app as well.

What has me concerned is the GEO system in the notes. I haven't flown / connected to it, and if turns out to be a bad thing I'll have to do a restore.

The GEO system sounds like it's geofencing and makes it seem like it might be more difficult to fly. Maybe I'm wrong.
2016-7-6
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

Ive flown 6 flights today with it, no problems at all, still get the drop in height but I guess that will be fixed in a later firmware
GEO system wasnt a problem at all
2016-7-6
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well... I hit the geofence today and it initially said I would not be able to start the bird. Was shooting about a half mile from a small private airport.  So small that I had no idea there was an airport nearby at all. Since I was only doing 50' high photos of a warehouse roof, I knew I wasn't in conflict with the airport, so I set out to turn off the GF.  Although it initially appeared non-negotiable to turn OFF the Geofencing, in clicking around a bit I saw an option to turn GF off.  A few dialogs asking me if I really want to turn off GeoFencing, and if I do that I accept responsibility, etc...  I was then presented with a key that I had to receive on my phone to (I assume) input the number to finish unlocking the geofence... but I never did find the location to enter that number and the geofence mysteriously shut off anyway.  Not sure how I turned it off, but it went off.  Flew without issue.
2016-7-6
Use props
ratskiss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 349419 ft
Canada

I flew around the yard today, No problems.
2016-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules