Blitzwolf VR Glasses Update
2958 12 2016-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mudge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10820 ft
United States

I have flown my P4 several times now since I got my Blitzwolf VR glasses and it is really amazing. The thing I found interesting is that it mentions downloading an app. Since I couldn't find the app they were referring to I tried it without any app. I am using Litchi and they now have an icon that switches to a split screen for VR. The glasses work right out of the box. I contacted James Blitzwolf and he said this was new to him. The apps are mainly for playing games, movies etc. Blitzwolf said he was going to look into it since it would be good for promoting the glasses. So the bottom line is if you are just planning on using the glasses for flying and using the Litchi app all you need is the glasses. By the way my phone is a Galaxy Note5 which has a Android OS.
2016-7-6
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Really curious how well these work for FPV.  I originally thought I would be able to use my Skyzone $420 normal FPV goggles with my phantom 4.... what was I thinking?  Apparently I wasn't thinking since DJI still uses 2.xx ghz video feed and my goggles are on the 5.8ghz.

This headset looks really attractive since I already have the phone and paid for and use the Litchi app on my tablet.  Only thing left to do is order the headset.
As I understand these, you won't have a button for intereaction required by some games/movies etc. The app you need will also depend on your intended use.
I only intend to use these with the Phantom 4 when I want to fly it full FPV.  The Litchi app is all that you need and if you are into planning waypoint missions then you already have another valued use for them.

The price is right I'll say that much.

2016-8-15
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Keeping an eye out for a discounted, or used pair of these.... or maybe just a really good deal, I have spent close to $3000 on my Phantom 4 and accessories, and love every bit of it, but my wifes gonna leave me if I keep buting stuff for it, lol
2016-8-15
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I bought the VR headset without BT control yesterday from Amazon, should of waited till today.  I did go ahead moments ago and order another set from Banggood and used the 10% discount code at checkout.  
I don't know for now that the control actually does anything but it does come with this set from banggood.

Right now on banggood : 1 x BlitzWolf® BW-VR2 Virtual Reality Headset Glasses with Bluetooth Control For 3.5-6.0 inch Cellphone (1039435) US$23.99  Then add the discount code (or deduct actually)
Discount Coupons:12blitzw:        US$-2.40 for a total of US$21.59.

So that's probably as good as it gets unless you find a used set.
Keep in mind you either need to do the HDMI mod to the back of your radio, or use something like the Litchi app which I do and that's how I plan to use the headset with my phone.
2016-8-16
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-15 16:24
Keeping an eye out for a discounted, or used pair of these.... or maybe just a really good deal, I h ...

I have another set on the way.  Let me know if you are still interested in these.  Otherwise I will probably post them on the site somewhere or in another forum.

I used my set once and they worked pretty good.  I need to get out with them again.  Keep in mind though I am used to racing around with no lag at all on micro machines with resolution that is nowhere near as nice (standard FPV goggles...) as the 720p display on your phone.  I don't expect to do much racing or even flying in tight places with the P4 so these should work just fine.
2016-8-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pretty cool for just under $20
2016-8-23
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-15 17:24
Keeping an eye out for a discounted, or used pair of these.... or maybe just a really good deal, I h ...

There like $20. on amazon. But you need a 5" cell phone to use with them.
2016-8-23
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I have a Galaxy S6, 2.75 x 5.5 inches and fits fine.  Works with the FPV feature in Litchi.  Without the app you would need the HDMI upgrade to use with GO and then a display device that accepts HDMI input which these don't. They are a dumb device no features or electronics to them.  Just a housing for a pair of lenses you can move both forward and aft, plus side to side for IPD.

Not sure how much goggle time I will really get with my P4 but being big on flying FPV in general I had to give it a shot.  Sure don't have screen reflections and visibility issues being outside and you can wear whatever color shirt you want if you have goggles on.  The only thing I can say I'd like to see different is the head strap on the Blitzwolf set.  The strap that runs from the top middle of the unit over your head and back to the horizontal strap could be a bit longer.

Hope to get some more air time with the FPV headset here this weekend.
2016-8-24
Use props
dzlouie
New

United States

Thanks all for the chatter... that, plus the youtube: helped me to decide on my new FPV glasses.  Also, on banggood.com are the latest V3.  BlitzWolf® BW-VR3 3D VR Glasses Virtual Reality Headset For 3.5-6.3 inch Mobile Phone (1080443).  Now only US$20.99

Wish my luck with my new glasses!

Happy flying!!!
David
2016-9-20
Use props
JWC P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Very good news!!  I ordered Blitzwolf glasses from eBay a few weeks ago (still on their way here) and also incidentally got a Note 5.

Two questions for you...  1. Does the glasses make provision for the usb cable from the glasses to the controller?  2. How do you make changes on the screen of the phone when the DJI-Go app requests them (as the phone now is inside the glasses)?  Or is this not a deal breaker?  (If necessary would a Bluetooth mouse to the phone be viable?
2016-9-21
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

If anyone is interested in this viewer I have one new in the box as described in an earlier post.  I paid $21.59 so I'll let them go for that plus whatever shipping to you.
No this is not my unit, just an extra I bought.  I am keeping the one I use you can't have it  lol.

I know this is not a classifieds forum but since it's the topic and I have one... post here or let me know in email    microfpv@gmail.com
2016-9-21
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

DJi should add VR mode to DJI GO.

Its just a future.
2016-9-22
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-8-15 17:24

I hear ya loud and clear brother
2016-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules