Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Adv Constantly Beeps
12351 10 2016-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
timothy.ippisch
New

United States

Hello,
I received my Phantom 3 back from repair today from DJI.  When I turn on my DJI, it is constantly beeping. I did a firmware update on the DJI app and remote control. The latest firmware is on the SD card. And it beeps and beeps and beeps. I let it run for about 15 minutes of beeping and the SD card reader area was HOT.

I do I have this constant beeping go away?

Tim
2016-7-6
Use props
jason.fawbush
New

United States

If the bin file for the firmware is on the SD card, I assume it's trying to update firmware.  Mine took longer than 15 minutes to update, and it did beep loudly most of that time.  I read the online firmware updating procedures, and it said loss of lights and the beeping were normal.  Just pay attention to the red/green LED on the front of the camera gimbal base.  It should be flashing green and red.  Once it's solid green, it's finished.  If you've already updated, pull the SD card and delete the firmware file.  Otherwise it'll probably look at that file and try to update everytime you power it up.  Someone from DJI may chime in if I'm wrong.
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Tim, if your drone is beeping D-D-D-D very loudly with a bin file in the card, please keep your eyes on the camera indicator: 升级指示灯.JPG
2016-7-7
Use props
djiuser_MdViCf9
New
United States

I am having the same issue. Constant, horrible beeping. No other indicators. The green light on gimbal is steady lit. I have reformatted and re loaded .bin files over and over. Left the noisemake in the garage overnight beeping.  Did not stop until battery completely died about 6 hours later...
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_MdViCf9 Posted at 2017-10-16 14:42
I am having the same issue. Constant, horrible beeping. No other indicators. The green light on gimbal is steady lit. I have reformatted and re loaded .bin files over and over. Left the noisemake in the garage overnight beeping.  Did not stop until battery completely died about 6 hours later...

Did anything happen before this? Are you able to connect the APP to the drone, then check the status of the drone?
2017-10-16
Use props
fansbe516241
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56355 ft
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-16 22:13
Did anything happen before this? Are you able to connect the APP to the drone, then check the status of the drone?

I am having the same troubles with a Phantom 3 Advanced from one of my students.  Reformatted the card and changed SD Card but with no change. Solid green light and constant beeping for 30 minutes before turning off to let the family sleep
2017-10-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansbe516241 Posted at 2017-10-21 07:50
I am having the same troubles with a Phantom 3 Advanced from one of my students.  Reformatted the card and changed SD Card but with no change. Solid green light and constant beeping for 30 minutes before turning off to let the family sleep

Have you tried to download the bin file, then upgrade the drone again? Could you please also answer the question I asked in the post 5#?
2017-10-23
Use props
Tom-P3
New

United States

What is the latest firmware that should be used on the Phantom 3.  I have this constant beeping noise on my drone.  I had not used the drone for about a year and now all of a sudden it happens.  Is there anyway to turn off the beeping noise.
2020-11-6
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Not used for a year!!  DO NOT START UPDATING FIRMWARE before trying other options!
Is the drone connecting to the RC - green rear lights on drone and green light on RC?
Does GO come up all right on whatever you're using to fly and can you select the correct drone and do you get the camera view?
2020-11-7
Use props
Ben3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149308 ft
United States

cheddar-man Posted at 2020-11-7 08:53
Not used for a year!!  DO NOT START UPDATING FIRMWARE before trying other options!
Is the drone connecting to the RC - green rear lights on drone and green light on RC?
Does GO come up all right on whatever you're using to fly and can you select the correct drone and do you get the camera view?

No cannot get camera view. Shows disconnected
2022-5-7
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-7 00:06
Hello Tim, if your drone is beeping D-D-D-D very loudly with a bin file in the card, please keep your eyes on the camera indicator:[view_image]

Thanks for this good info.
2022-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules