DJI Phantom 4 controller won't turn on
20313 10 2016-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tvial
New

French Polynesia

I recently bought a DJI Phantom 4 to replace my TBS Discovery and a custom-carbon-foldable-tbs-discovery-like quadcopter (currently for sale). I charged the controller and the battery, had a first flight with it.
Everything worked like a charm.

But 5 days ago, I wanted to have a last check on my setup before my wedding.
I was not able to turn on the phantom 4 remote controller

Symptoms

* Can't see battery level when I press the power button. No light.
* Can't power on the controller using the sequence (short press followed by a long press). No light.
* When plugged to AC power adapter, the loading white leds blink from 1st to 4th but never stop. I suppose it should stop when battery is full but it doesn't even after 12 hours.
* Probably not a charger issue because the phantom smart batteries charge as expected
* Able to start remote controller on AC but stops when unplugging it from sector (even after a night of charge)

https://youtu.be/rgfYGpVwy7Y

When you look at these symptoms, you should think that the battery is gone.
But not exactly.

Strange behaviour

I was not able to use the phantom for my wedding and stored it in its backback.
When I arrived at home the day after, I was able to start the controller...
It was the day before my flight to French Polynesia, so I decided to take the drone with me to take great videos of my honeymoon.

3 days after, I arrived in Moorea and retried to start the controller. It didn't.
I plugged it to AC, turned it on, unplugged it, and the leds displayed 4 white leds (full battery).
I had a quick flight to take a picture of the beach, and stoped everything.

15 minutes after, I wanted to download the pictures, and was not able to turn it on...

Support

I contacted the support of Studio Sport, the website where I bought the Phantom.
They told me that they can't do anything if they don't have the remote control and the drone.

I also asked the same question to DJI Support who sent me the same answer.
It seems that the remote controller needs to be repaired.

Have you ever experienced this issue?
Thank you guys.

2016-7-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That has been reported before on this fourm, the battery or connections inside the REC unit are faulty, you should try returning it to where you bought it ASAP and ask for a replacement. If it is too late for that, you will need to contact the DJI service center and get an RMA.
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello tvial, there is something wrong with your RC's control circuit in this case and it is recommended to send it in for diagnosis. Here is the contact information of our US tech support: 北美地址.JPG
2016-7-7
Use props
tvial
New

France

The transmitter has been replaced today by the seller. I hope the new one will work as expected.
2016-7-19
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Good to hear, I hope thats the last of your troubles... happy flying
2016-7-19
Use props
fansecd1ad3e
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-7 01:10
Hello tvial, there is something wrong with your RC's control circuit in this case and it is recommen ...

I'm having a similar issue. My controller wont turn on anymore. This is after only having it for 2 months and only ever charging it 3 times . I was even sure to not charge the battery and the controller at the same time. as per the instructions. What do I need to do?
https://youtu.be/0XyRXYwfU4s
2016-12-4
Use props
Scutler
New
United Kingdom

Just purchased my drone and it was delivered yesterday. I have charged the RC and when I press the power button once it displays full battery but when I press to turn the screen on nothing happens on the rc screen. Any help would be appreciated as new to this, based in the UK
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Scutler Posted at 2017-5-3 00:44
Just purchased my drone and it was delivered yesterday. I have charged the RC and when I press the power button once it displays full battery but when I press to turn the screen on nothing happens on the rc screen. Any help would be appreciated as new to this, based in the UK

Did you make sure that the second press was right after the LEDs lit up from the first press?
2017-5-3
Use props
fansf45e1f83
New
Philippines

Guys what will I do Im really *** off with DJI. I recently bought phantom 4 then around February I noticed that the remote controller is not charging so I returned it to the shop they shipped it to DJI by 1st week of March, then the waiting game happened. It arrived today and I was very excited to use my p4 again but alas when I got home to charge the RC it was the same as February not charging again! I think I deserve a refund or change item!
2017-5-3
Use props
fansf45e1f83
New
Philippines

I cant wait for another 2 and half months for the repair which they are not repairing. Can you just send me a new RC thats seems faster or just a refund so I can purchase a new one for another year of warranty.
2017-5-3
Use props
Trevor Fox
New

Australia

Yes I had the same experience and drone has had very little use
2018-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules