DJI Phantom 2 Vision Beeps?
1892 9 2016-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
billovanbob
lvl.1

Hi,

Just today I bought a used Phantom 2 Vision. I powered it up and all it did was beep. I tried to connect it to the computer, but with no luck. The computer didn't even recognize it. I downloaded the Phantom 2 Assistant, RC Assistant and DJI Windows Driver. My computer runs w10. If anyone can help, that would be great!!!
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the RC work in the RC Assistant? If not then it's not installed correctly.
Was this tested before you purchased it and verified to work and now it doesn't?
The beeping could mean a centerboard malfunction.
2016-7-7
Use props
billovanbob
lvl.1

It doesn't. When it turns on, it doesn't even make the normal start-up noise. The LEDs just flash on and off super fast, then stay off, and the drone beeps maybe every second.
2016-7-7
Use props
billovanbob
lvl.1

Do you think that performing a hard reset would to the trick?
2016-7-7
Use props
billovanbob
lvl.1

I bought it knowing that it wouldn't work and mainly for extra props, but then I figured I might try to get it to work. ;)
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello billovanbob, could you record a short video clip of the beeping and led flashing?
2016-7-7
Use props
billovanbob
lvl.1

Hi,

Here is the video of the flash and beeping... I'm almost positive it's a firmware problem, unless you have any other ideas...http://mytechvideoserver.blogspot.com/p/videos.html
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

billovanbob@gma Posted at 2016-7-9 02:24
Hi,

Here is the video of the flash and beeping... I'm almost positive it's a firmware problem, unl ...

It does sound like a possible center board or ESC issue. If you are unable to get the unit to connect to the Assistant software to reapply/update firmware, then it may need to be sent in for service.
2016-7-8
Use props
billovanbob
lvl.1

How much would it cost to send it in??
2016-7-9
Use props
billovanbob
lvl.1

The hard reset didn't work, and it 's still not connecting to the Assistant...
2016-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules