Phantom 4 Windows Driver
25369 12 2016-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Can someone please provide the P4 Windows driver web link?

I am unable to find it when I go to the P4 downloads page.  I only see the DJI assistant, but the zip file only includes the DJI Assistant.

I am trying to connect my P4 to my WIN 7 pc.
2016-7-7
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I found this but the date is 2013 (I thought the P4 driver should be 2016):

http://www.dji.com/product/pc-ground-station/download

DJI Datalink Driver Installer(for 2.4G Bluetooth)
supports Windows XP or above (32bit/64bit).
2016-7-7
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

DJI assistant 2 here are downloads links page, when I downloaded this from here, the drivers were with it... windows 10 here

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4/info#downloads
2016-7-7
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I uninstalled the DJI assistant, re-installed the latest, but it doe snot give me the option to also install the driver.

I connect the P4 using a male to male USB cable to the DJI P4 adapter, but I do not get prompted to install any drivers?
I tried 2 different usb adapter cables.

I do see a folder in the dji assistant folder called drivers, but there is no installation executable program there.  I see 4 folders called:
FDT, VCOM, Vision, winusb and at the root I see: DriverSetup32.bat and driversetup64.bat and vc_redist.x86.exeThe folders do contain the drivers .inf files, but I can not use them, since I do not get prompted to install the driver when I turn on the P4.

I am also seeing an orange light on the P4 next to the micro connector.  I was expecting to see a green color.  Any ideas why I get the orange?
I thought connecting the P4 to my Win7 pc was going to be more straight forward.

Help!

2016-7-7
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

try to go direct usb cable without the male to male connector, I believe that is for tablet to drone connection
2016-7-7
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I meant I have a 6 ft USB male to male cable, which plugs into my WIN 7 pc and the P4 adapter.  I went out and I got another cable, but it was not the usb cable.
2016-7-7
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I just realized I cannot use my male to male adapter cable , which then connects to the P4 USB female to micro adapter cable!
I had to locate the original cable which came with the P4!

Thanks for your help!

I am planning to do a complete calibration, and maybe, if I feel brave, I may do the firmware upgrade.  My current is 0301.
I assume I only have to run the latest?

If anyone can offer the correct sequence which worked for them, I would really appreciate it.

I have read the instructions, and the manual, but I see different options.

I am tilting towards doing the firmware first using the DJI assistant.
Then remove one battery and insert the other one.
I am a bit confused here as to what I do?  I wont be able to upgrade again, since I will be current. How is the new battery going to get updated? Do I have to save something on the sd card?

Finally, I am planning to upgrade the DJI Go up using the iphone.

I then rebot and everything should be up to date.

Did I miss or skip something?  

2016-7-7
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

ok, r you reffering to the P4 adapter as the little 4 inch connector, as I use the same cable as I charge my  phone with, and I just tried it to confirm, I start the app, it says connect I do n turn on my P4 and green light seconds later
2016-7-7
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

ok my friend, I am not tech savy so my cable explanation may not have been right, but I am gald I could help and u figured it out
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-7-8 08:52
I just realized I cannot use my male to male adapter cable , which then connects to the P4 USB femal ...

If you have multiple batteries and you are performing firmware updates, you can just initiate the procedure when connected to the Assistant 2 software. You do not need to mess with .bin files on the SD card like the Phantom 3 Pro/Advance. From what I see, you're on the right track.
2016-7-8
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-8 13:39
If you have multiple batteries and you are performing firmware updates, you can just initiate the p ...

Thanks for the reply.

So once I complete the firmware upgrade using one battery, do I just turn the p4 off, insert the new battery, and then it will update automatically?  or is the DJI Assistant going to prompt me to do another upgrade?
I also like to know, do I have to do incremental upgrades of the firmware from .301 to each higher version, or just one upgrade to the latest?
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-7-9 01:46
Thanks for the reply.

So once I complete the firmware upgrade using one battery, do I just turn th ...

You would turn off the aircraft, replace the battery, then check the Assistant 2 software for a firmware update notification. It would not initiate the update on its own. When you're doing firmware updates, you can just download the most recent firmware, you do not need to do it incrementally.
2016-7-8
Use props
chato
New
Mexico

fly to return
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules