PLS HELP ... QUICK EASY QUESTIONS.. Promise !
786 16 2016-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

My Galaxy Tab S2 WIFI is not working on FOLLOW ME and DYnamic Home point
SHould I get android with LTE to get the function?

Does android needs WIFI or mobile data to get these function ?

Any one with android machine can do these functions without WIFI or tethering or Mobile data on ?

I just hope that DJI put some gps chip on their RC..!!!

Thanks in advance

2016-7-7
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Make your smart phone a hot spot and connect your tablet to the hot spot and your good
2016-7-7
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You don't need wifi or mobile data for anything when you are flying.
There's no need to make your phone a hotspot - that won't do anything for follow-me or resetting home point to controller's current  location.
DJI do not put GPS in the controller but according to Samsung specs, you have a GPS in your tablet.
2016-7-7
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Lab  I thought for follow me you needed a GPS device.  Since his Samsung tablet is not cellular if he is away from (lets say his house and home wifi)  He can make his phone a hotspot for the GPS value.
2016-7-7
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha SectorDrone,

Your Galaxy Tab has a "Connect to Nearby Device" on your settings page (on mine it is the last one).  Enable "GPS" or "Locations"; and "Connect to Nearby Device" for "Follow Me".  I have never tried "Dynamic Home Point".  The "Connect to Nearby Device" usually works with retail check-out devices for wireless payments and other close proximity safety systems.  But, it makes my "Follow Me" work!  GPS alone will not work.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-7
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-7-7 16:24
You don't need wifi or mobile data for anything when you are flying.
There's no need to make your ph ...

Aloha labroides,

See my response to SectorDrone.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-7
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

bfd300 Posted at 2016-7-7 15:54
Make your smart phone a hot spot and connect your tablet to the hot spot and your good

Aloha bfd,

See my response to SectorDrone.  My comment works without a WiFi connection.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-7
Use props
OO-RAISER
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118323 ft

Indonesia

If I were you,I'll go and buy an ipad pro 9.7
2016-7-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

bfd300 Posted at 2016-7-8 13:11
Lab  I thought for follow me you needed a GPS device.  Since his Samsung tablet is not cellular if h ...

Apple users think that you can't get GPS in a wifi device.
That's true for iPads but most Android tablets (including the one the OP has) have GPS as standard.
Therefore there's no need for any hotspot connections etc to use the Samsung tablet for follow-me.

2016-7-8
Use props
Californian
New

Hong Kong

Does your GPS function of your tablet work properly?  
2016-7-8
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

My S2 is only wifi... But when i used outside without wifi ...i cant do follow me or dynamic HP...saying that the device gps is weak or something... Does not happen on my ipad mini3 cellular (no sim).
2016-7-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SectorDrone Posted at 2016-7-8 23:06
My S2 is only wifi... But when i used outside without wifi ...i cant do follow me or dynamic HP...sa ...

Do you have the GPS turned on in your Samsung  settings?
2016-7-8
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Location is on ... Tried gps only ... No go...
2016-7-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SectorDrone Posted at 2016-7-9 02:06
Location is on ... Tried gps only ... No go...

Download an app called GPS Status.
Run that and it will show you if the GPS is working, how many  sats it acquires, and if it gets a fix.
2016-7-8
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-7-8 12:46
Download an app called GPS Status.
Run that and it will show you if the GPS is working, how many   ...

Aloha labroides,

SectorDrone has an Android (sorry meant to say Samsung Android) which requires the tablet to communicate with the aircraft and RC separate from the USB cable for Follow Me.  This is the exact problem I get if I do not enable "communicate with a nearby device".  I cannot fly Follow Me with just Location or GPS enabled.  I must also have "communicate with a nearby device" enabled or it will not work.

You can tell her Enable GPS this and Enable GPS that and you can test her GPS system until you are blue in the face, but it will not work for her unless she enables the "communicate with a nearby device" option.  It is a real simple solution and easy to do.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-9
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Nearby device ID nothing to do with GPS. Make sure GPS is on on your tablet and keep an eye one the RC icon on the map.
2016-7-9
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

calls4u2 Posted at 2016-7-9 09:50
Nearby device ID nothing to do with GPS. Make sure GPS is on on your tablet and keep an eye one the  ...

Aloha calls4u2,

Of course it has nothing to do with GPS.  No one said it had anything to do with GPS.  It enables modules to communicate with each other.  Try going through a check-out line and pay for your purchase with your Samsumg Android one time though without it enabled.  It has to be enabled for it to work, just like the GPS module will not communicate with the Samsumg Android DJI P3 system unless "Communicate with Nearby Device" is enabled.

Now, you can jump through giant hoops and try "nuclear science" to try and get poor SectorDrone's Follow Me to work.  Do all these difficult things and refuse to do the easiest thing because of stubbornness.  Just do the simple thing so it will work and I can go on to more difficult and important things.  It is easy!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules