Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuart.dartrite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 654498 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
I noticed this issue on our Z15 (with NEX5) fitted to an S900. No hard landings by us (but aircraft and gimbal were second-hand).
Immediately after panning and with hands off the gimabal controller sticks, the gimbal rolls slightly - a few degrees, I 'd say. Gimbal does this after every pan, so the roll is cumulative.
When I reverse the pan direction it does not seem to revese the roll by the same amount.

I have a taken a video https://goo.gl/photos/NHoyACWAThoX1L8B6 - the link is to a Google shared folder, so I hope it works.

The first few seconds of the video are setting up the gimbal so you can line the it up against the background for a reference.

I guess either the IMU or the GCU need a calibration.

I have now fittted a newer gimbal for the same camera and it performs perfectly, so I am pretty certain it is a gimbal issue.

Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks

Stuart
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Because the Z15-N is a discontinued product, there are going to be limitation in what can be done for it. You definitely want to ensure that the gimbal is balanced. It would be best to take off the lens cap when using the gimbal, as the added weight can throw it off. Try to ensure that the gimbal is up to date with the latest firmwre and ensure that the gimbal wiring is still in tact. I do not know whether the previous owner had already updated the unit for you, but here is the Downloads section for the Z15-N if you need it:

http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-z15/download

Otherwise, you can contact the DJI Europe Support center to see if they could still service the gimbal for you, but I could not guarantee.
2016-7-13
Use props
stephanbrown2
New

I had this issue and it was resolved by updating to the current firmware.
2016-7-16
Use props
stuart.dartrite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 654498 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie - thanks for your comments. I balanced the gimbal (without the lens cap in place). I am certain the gimbal firmware is up to date, but thank you for the link - I will check.

Stephanbrown2 - thanks for your comment. I will check the firmware, but am pretty certain it is the latest version
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

stuart.dartrite Posted at 2016-7-21 05:29
DJI-Jamie - thanks for your comments. I balanced the gimbal (without the lens cap in place). I am ce ...

Please let me know if there are any changes after checking for firmware.
2016-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules