DJI Tutorial how to upgrade P4 using the DJI Assistant
827 5 2016-7-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am asking for a link if it exists already, or please create a step by step tutorial how to upgrade the P4 firmware using the DJI Assistant.
Also please let us know how to proceed with the RC, battery upgrade process.

Also, please let us know the sequence of events; should we upgrade the DJI Go app to the latest first, etc.

I am trying to undertand the process first, before I try it; and I think it will be beneficial to many others.
I am not sure if I can upgrade the firmware from an older version to the most current, or do I have to upgrade in steps?

The main reason I prefer to use the DJI assistant is because I don't have a very stable iphone internet connection, but I do have excellent pc lan internet connection.

2016-7-8
Use props
OO-RAISER
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118323 ft

Japan

It is very easy. For the drone, just turn it on and plug it to the computer. Then open the software and you'll be reminded of firmware upgrading.Click the button and it will download and upgrade automatically. For RC ,why not upgrade it with the APP? That's really easy by following the notification.
2016-7-8
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am just looking for those little details though, as I understand the overall process as you mentioned.

Sometimes, these little details can result in a brick Phantom.

For example:

Do I upgrade directly from .301 to the latest?  Some posts say yes, some say no.

Do I upgrade the DJI Go app first to the latest and then proceed with the firmware?

Do I do the P4 first then the RC (I think most posts say yes here)

I am also trying to understand where is the battery upgrade stored when I switch batteries?
2016-7-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-7-8 14:51
I am just looking for those little details though, as I understand the overall process as you mentio ...

Have a look at the P4 tutorial videos.

2016-7-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or DJI Tims guide at top of forum page Here
2016-7-8
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I have reviewed them both and they are helpful.

My questions are about the little details not mentioned:
In my case, I see 2 upgrade options.  Do I upgrade the older and then the newest?

I have multiple batteries which need to be upgraded.

Should I upgrade the DGI Go app first?

I think I am supposed to update the RC last.

I am hoping that DJI Ken of DJI Paladin may shed some light too.
2016-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules