Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Increasing range on V2
1123 3 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
madobbs.email
lvl.3

United States

There is a difference is published operating communication distance between the P2V+ and P2V which I believe is due to controller/ transmit power. - P2V+ specs at 20 dBm,  700m range, power consumption 2W (new LiPo transmitter)
- P2V specs at <=17 dBM, 300m range, power consmption 1.5W

There is also a WiFi distace difference between the two versions of:
- P2V+ 700m Wifi Connection
- P2V  300m Wifi Connection

Question is with an upgrade to the P2V+ WiFi extender and new LiPo controller can a P2V achieve same communication and performance results as the P2V+?   or are other internals needed?

2015-1-24
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Wouldn't make any difference with the remote control -- both have an EIRP of CE: 25mw / FCC: 100mw  (but you would get the benefit of the thumbwheel in the newer version)

All you would need for increased range is the WiFi adapter.  

Alternatively, you could get a better antenna.  Here's one place to look:  FPVLR.com
2015-1-24
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.3

United States

gil,  is the "adapter" the RE700 WiFi unit that mounts on the transmitter?  I thought the key components or internals between the V2 and V2+ drone itself were the same (i.e. receiver, GPS etc.)  Exception being V3 where there are new ESC, motors and props....
2015-1-25
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.4

United States

There are also antennas here:
http://horizonfpvantennas.mybigcommerce.com
2015-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules