What is a "Water Strip"
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NtzPrinter
lvl.1

My ESC went out so I sent my P3P in for repair. The tech says it needs a new board which is under warranty but my board's not covered due to the "water strip turning" which supposedly indicates the drone has been wet or crashed in water. I've never gotten my drone wet. So, does anyone know what he's speaking about? I'm assuming there's some sort sort of strip that changes color or something. I really have no clue but I am hoping someone knows what this is about just for informational reasons. Thanks.
2016-7-8
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Yes you have it correct. They also use water strips in cell phones, there normally under the battery. So the phone carrier can turn down your warranty claim because of water damage not being covered normally (unless you have add on coverage that does). Also these strips are very sensitive to moisture, I've had it happen to me with a phone once, the very same thing.
2016-7-8
Use props
NtzPrinter
lvl.1

wmcvey Posted at 2016-7-9 09:07
Yes you have it correct. They also use water strips in cell phones, there normally under the battery ...

Thank you for the info. I live on a lake in Louisiana with 90%+ humidity. When I go outdoors my glasses fog up from the temperature/humidity change. I wonder if taking the drone from a dry, 70 degree house into  a very humid environment could cause the strip to change due to condensation?
2016-7-8
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

It might have, from a air conditioned house to hot and high humidity. Could have caused some condensation, that's all it takes.
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As wmcvey indicated, being exposed to high humidity can cause potential water damage. Flying in foggy/misty areas would have the same effect.
2016-7-8
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

It's a little strip of paper like a sticker that changes color when it gets moist anyways flying and high humid climates can do the same I believe they have the same thing on your phone too in the battery compartment if you have a battery compartment that's accessible
2016-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules