[Resolved] New Ronin-MX Broken :( Motors Don't Power On
6900 4 2016-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaredmeakin
New

Hi,

Have a newely received Ronin-MX. I had to connect it to my PC to reset the password as I coldn't connect via the app. After that I balanced the Ronin-MX, calibrated it, restarted it, and then ran Auto Tune Stability. It appears to write stifness settings, but the motors never actually kick in. I've watched several video setup tutorials, and on power-on the unit is supposed to do something like this video. Mine however does nothing... when I use Auto Tune Stability I don't hear the sound of motors working.

I've reset the Ronin-MX to defaults, calibrated, and autotuned form both the PC assistant app (Windows 10) and the iOS app. Neither seem to make a difference. Is this unit DOA? I bought the Ronin-M several months back, had the same result, and ended up returning out of frustration. I'd like to get this one working, but I'm having the exact same issue as before. I've searched the forums, and this doesn't seem like an uncommon problem. However, none of those posts have a solution.

Lastly, the firmware is up to date, cables and battery have been reseated, and I've power cycled it several times.

Any help is appreciated!

2016-7-9
Use props
56speedster
lvl.1

United States

Hi Jaredmeakin:  I had the same issues, I thought mine was dead also.  I am still figuring out the details as well.  This is what I have done to the best I can remember.  The manual states that the Ronin MX must be activated for the first time or gimbal will not work.  I am on Windows 10 and went to the DJI Gimbal Assistant file location and right clicked the exe, then properties and compatibility mode and selected Windows 8.  I then opened the windows DJI Gimbal Assistant ap turned on the Ronin MX power and then selected Info where the serial number is read and displayed and a box with a activation button to the right.  After activating, the Ronin MX came to life.  I have not been able to get it to run with Android yet, it may be a bug not fixed yet.  I was able to connect with my Ipad air2  and enter the BlueTooth password and it was able to access the ap after that.  Hope this helps.
2016-7-9
Use props
jaredm
New

Thank you that was indeed it—the gimbal wasn't "activated".

Running the DJI Gimbal Assistant in compatibility mode on Windows 10 allowed me to activate it. It's now working.

Thanks!
2016-7-9
Use props
56speedster
lvl.1

United States

Great to hear jaredm, Glad to help out.
2016-7-9
Use props
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

56speedster Posted at 2016-7-9 11:02
Hi Jaredmeakin:  I had the same issues, I thought mine was dead also.  I am still figuring out the d ...

I think everyone that bought and waited for their MX is going to have this same issue. What was so frustrating to add more trouble is how hard it was to even find that you needed to activate it first.

I'm on an Android, but I have a Mac computer. Won't work on the android, but hopefully it can be activated with the Desktop Mac. Not sure why they have to make something so simple be so complicated.
2016-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules