Ronin MX Device Activation Failed
5273 17 2016-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ih8aaronh
New

I can't seem to activate my Ronin MX on the DJI app.  Everytime I try I get "Device Activation Failed".  

Please, help.

Thanks!
2016-7-9
Use props
ryan
New

United Kingdom

I am having exactly the same problem, do your motors even start up? Mine dont.

My friend came around today who has had a Ronin M for a while and he thought it was very weird how the motors don't even start. I've been going out my mind since Friday night trying everything, looking at forums. Maybe it's a problem as the M-X is so new? I'm gutted as I'm filming a wedding in Italy from Wednesday and looks like I wont be able to use it.
2016-7-11
Use props
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

ryan@firstframe Posted at 2016-7-11 15:12
I am having exactly the same problem, do your motors even start up? Mine dont.

My friend came aroun ...

I'm having the same issue, but I found (in extremely small print) that you must go to the "more" tab on the app and click activate. I'm on an android device and I don't have an activate option. I sold my Freefly Movi and my Ronin when this came out. Waited 2.5 months for it to come and now another issue to deal with.

Hopefully we can get some help from DJI
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what mobile device are you using? Could you happen to provide a screenshot of the error you're receiving?
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Garrett Posted at 2016-7-12 06:16
I'm having the same issue, but I found (in extremely small print) that you must go to the "more" t ...

At the moment the Android version of the Ronin Assistant app does not support the Ronin MX. An app update will be coming out shortly. I would recommend reattempting on an iOS device for the time being.
2016-7-12
Use props
spademelomusic
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-12 13:41
Just to clarify, what mobile device are you using? Could you happen to provide a screenshot of the e ...

I'm also having the same problem. Using iPhone. Just unboxed the Ronin today. Been stuck on activation.
IMG_0782.PNG
2016-7-14
Use props
neil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4814482 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spademelomusic@ Posted at 2016-7-15 04:16
I'm also having the same problem. Using iPhone. Just unboxed the Ronin today. Been stuck on activa ...

Yep, Same problem here. It will not activate. Did you manage to get it working?
2016-7-15
Use props
info
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3561568 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

same problem here, tried two different Ronin_MX but the same happend
2016-7-15
Use props
karl.raymond
New

Canada

Just got my DJI Ronin-MX. Same Problem. I have an iPhone 6.
2016-7-15
Use props
Bekssonmotion
New

United States

Hey Guys,

I had the same issue with the activation, I thought it was broken since the motors didn't responded at all. Then I downloaded DJI app to my mac and activated from there and it was successful. Now it works.  
2016-7-16
Use props
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

Bekssonmotion@g Posted at 2016-7-16 23:19
Hey Guys,

I had the same issue with the activation, I thought it was broken since the motors didn't ...

How did you get the app on your Mac to connect. I have tried that approach, but not getting a connection. When I had Freefly's gimbals there was a connect tab. Not seeing one with this. So frustrating that they are making this so difficult.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

spademelomusic@ Posted at 2016-7-15 11:16
I'm also having the same problem. Using iPhone. Just unboxed the Ronin today. Been stuck on activa ...

Please attempt to activate using the Gimbal Assistant Software 2.3. To clarify, do you use a MAC or a PC?
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Garrett Posted at 2016-7-19 03:26
How did you get the app on your Mac to connect. I have tried that approach, but not getting a conn ...

It may be something with your computer settings. Just to make sure I'm visually on the same page, you are not getting the green/blue connection LEDs in the bottom corner of the Assistant Software? What OS version do you have?
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

karl.raymond@oc Posted at 2016-7-15 23:35
Just got my DJI Ronin-MX. Same Problem. I have an iPhone 6.

You should also attempt to activate using the Gimbal Assistant Software 2.3.
2016-7-18
Use props
Garrett
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-18 14:58
It may be something with your computer settings. Just to make sure I'm visually on the same page,  ...

dji-jamie,
I am NOT getting the green blue LED's and I am operating on 10.10.5

Help would be appreciated (and how is it that DJI released this product after so many of us paid and waited and they have made this so difficult to use. Freefly doesn't have these issues)
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Garrett Posted at 2016-7-19 07:35
dji-jamie,
I am NOT getting the green blue LED's and I am operating on 10.10.5

Does you computer recognized that something was plugged into the computer? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software with the Ronin turned on and plugged in? Do you have your firewall enabled? Not all domestic computers like foreign programs such as this.
2016-7-20
Use props
sginkirk
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem but was able to fix by restarting my phone.
2016-7-21
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

sginkirk@gmail. Posted at 2016-7-21 19:27
I had the same problem but was able to fix by restarting my phone.

Was exactly my solution - restarted my iPhone 6 and: BAAAAM! Ronin is up and running...;-) (y)
2016-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules