2606 28 2016-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

While my first phantom 4 was in for stress crack repairs, I have been flying a spare, brand new phantom 4. This one wasn't as nice as my first one since the gimbal always had a persistent left gimbal tilt at full forward speed. Other than that it was a fine bird. After a flight i finished 30 minutes ago, low and behold, stress crack. Only one this time unlike my last one with two. The last one managed more distance flown before a crack. This one managed 50 flights and 428 kilometers. Oh well, at least I now where the phantom 4 likes to crack. For those of you out there confusing mold lines under the arms for stress cracks, nah. Stress cracks on the phantom 4 look like this. Vertical and going away from the screw holes and down to the top and bottom seam. Anyway, yeah, they crack just like 3's. I'm sticking to my tried and true buy two method. One to fly, the other to send in.
20160709_205136.jpg
2016-7-9
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Looks like a hair got stuck to it...
2016-7-9
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

I thought the same. So I went to try and remove what I thought was another hair from our dog but no dice. Stress crack.
2016-7-9
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-7-9
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Flying style? I fly it mostly in normal mode, not sport. Regardless of sport mode being there. No hard turns in spite of nothing in the instructions mentioning hard turns should not be done. Fly less and hover more? Again, not in the instructions.
2016-7-9
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-7-10 06:53
Flying style? I fly it mostly in normal mode, not sport. Regardless of sport mode being there. No ha ...

Any airframe will have cracks eventually and depends on many conditions but especially plastic ones like in the phantom will crack eventually. Your airframe will still last long even with the crack just check it after flights. There is no plastic airframe that is immune to stress cracks whether you've crashed or not.
2016-7-9
Use props
UCLABruins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488904 ft

United States

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-7-9 14:06
...I'm 'Guessing' you need to change your 'Flying Style' in other words.. Don't Stress it So Much. ...

Seriously? {:4_173:}
2016-7-9
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

could be many things, heat, humidity in your location, idk just trying to guess here, 2 in a row, n this one a lot less flights... maybe a bad batch u got?.. I hope you find ur answer my friend, and please post back your answers, findings so we may learn how/why

thanx
2016-7-9
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

good sound advice, wear n tear bound to happen
2016-7-9
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-7-9
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

I purchased no plan. Those plans are intended for those that crash. DJI has full access to our flight logs so they can see if there is a crash involved. If they crack as a result of normal flying, it is covered. Not crash damage. That is user error.
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-7-10 16:55
I purchased no plan. Those plans are intended for those that crash. DJI has full access to our fligh ...

Hi, we're sorry about the inconvenience. Your feedback motivates us to produce better products.

These cracks are not your fault, and DJI warranty will cover it. Please contact support@dji.com and we'll help you with it.

Thank you.
2016-7-10
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Nah, thank you. Lately I have nothing but praise for DJI service Europe.
2016-7-10
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-7-10
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-7-10
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Daemon, it's just one of those things. While I think overall mileage flown is the biggest factor, it's still a luck of the draw kind of thing. I think great advancements were done with the phantom 4 shell when compared to the 3. But maybe it still need a little bit. Perhaps a little strengthening at the screw holes on the top shelf. All my cracks were there.
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-7-11 03:07
...DJI-H.C, i've read many times that DJI requires the .DAT file to evaluate any service claim, i ...

Hi, it most likely is because XP is obsolete, it's no longer maintained by Microsoft.

I would suggest you upgrade your computer system. Thank you.
2016-7-10
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-7-10
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-7-10
Use props
brickard
Banned

United States

2016-7-12
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

2016-7-12
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Regardless of folks' experience with DJI service in the past, lately I have nothing but praise for the care I've received. Service lately has been very fast. Here's my last stress crack repair from DJI.
Screenshot_2016-07-21-12-07-50.png
Screenshot_2016-07-21-12-07-38.png
2016-7-21
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Nice to hear!... everyone is so eager to knock bad service, its nice to see people post when they have good service. For such a great product, the service should equal the product
2016-7-21
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Those folks over in the Netherlands are doing a fine job nowadays. Over the last couple of months I have had excellent service for two cracked phantom 4's and a bricked controller. Notice also that the shell wasn't changed but the entire bird minus camera instead.
2016-7-21
Use props
brickard
Banned

United States

2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

brickard Posted at 2016-7-22 00:41
For such a great product, there shouldn't be so many hardware and software occurrences to service. ...

Unfortunately things like can happen to even the best of products, however, that's why we have warranties in order to address them when they do occur.
2016-7-21
Use props
rainer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 593343 ft

leanlinao Posted at 2016-7-10 07:36
Any airframe will have cracks eventually and depends on many conditions but especially plastic one ...

Seriously?

Flying with a damaged frame?

You do know what kind of damage those things can do should they fall down uncontrolled.

Your advice is highly irresponsible.
I hope you don't fly with know damaged gear.

2016-7-22
Use props
rainer1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 593343 ft

leanlinao Posted at 2016-7-10 07:36
Any airframe will have cracks eventually and depends on many conditions but especially plastic one ...

Seriously?

Flying with a damaged frame?

You do know what kind of damage those things can do should they fall down uncontrolled.

Your advice is highly irresponsible.
I hope you don't fly with know damaged gear.

2016-7-22
Use props
brickard
Banned

United States

2016-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules