All the things wrong with the A3 that have and have not been addressed.
4220 26 2016-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user1b779907b4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18025 ft

Feel free to add links and anything else i may have missed. Hoping this may get DJI's attention.

#1 (And most important in my opinion due to the fact the its dangerous and can also effect your wallet.)
Alltitude drop! DJI seems to have gone mia on this one.link to thread http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=55578&pid=450024&extra=&mobile=2&page=1

#2 Iosd mini does not work with A3 as they claim. Not sure about MarkII. DJI had aklcknowledged this and say the will fix in firmware upgrade. No word on when this might happen.

#3 Mounting offsets values changing. For me it was my z value on GPS. After last crash i checked the values and compared them to a photo i took of the screen prior to flight-crash. The value changed to a value which placed GPS under the center of gravity rather then above. Not sure what effect this would have on control during flight.

#4 Log files that cannot be read.

#5 (this maybe on purpose for people without actual DJI landing gear like me. intellinent landing gear wont stay checked to thr on postion. As soon as you exit out of screen and come back to schreen it is turned of again.

Forgive my spelling since spell check does not work on this fourm when on my mobile device.
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Ideally, it would be great to get video or screenshot from your own rig, so that we can verify what is going on with your unit specifically.
2016-7-13
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-14 04:28
Ideally, it would be great to get video or screenshot from your own rig, so that we can verify what  ...

I will post it i just have not had time.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

shaydog2424 Posted at 2016-7-14 06:21
I will post it i just have not had time.

Whenever you have the chance would be great.
2016-7-13
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-14 06:29

I just reposted this because I had it in the wrong place. But maybe If I knew more about the gain settings I could dial it in better and make it stop dropping.

The sensitivity gains are not covered in the help file when you click on ? Icon. Can someone please explain these gains. Also they do talk about attitude gain but there is an attitude gain under sensitivity gain menu and an attitude gain under advanced. Very confusing. Any help would be helpful.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

shaydog2424 Posted at 2016-7-14 06:52
I just reposted this because I had it in the wrong place. But maybe If I knew more about the gain  ...

The attitude gain setting under the Sensitivity Gain section is to adjust the sensitivity of the RC's stick input. The attitude gain setting under the Advanced Gain section adjusts the sensitivity of the aircraft when in P mode. With both settings, the higher the value, the more sensitive it is.
2016-7-14
Use props
brich12003.yaho
lvl.2

Jamie what about the axis value settings? I am having an issue when i add the A3 pro kit GPS modules .It wont let me input the correct values (for Z axis) and i contacted support weeks ago and they just stated new firmware update is coming so I pulled the pro kit off the unit(M600).

3 Mounting offsets values changing. For me it was my z value on GPS. After last crash i checked the values and compared them to a photo i took of the screen prior to flight-crash. The value changed to a value which placed GPS under the center of gravity rather then above. Not sure what effect this would have on control during flight.
2016-7-14
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2

brich12003.yaho Posted at 2016-7-15 01:45
Jamie what about the axis value settings? I am having an issue when i add the A3 pro kit GPS modules ...

I had same problem with z gps values changing. The latest version of assistant 2 is available and they say they fixed it. It did work for me, i have not had values change since i upgraded assistant 2.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jamie what about the axis value settings? I am having an issue when i add the A3 pro kit GPS modules ...

Could you happen to post those screenshots when you can?
2016-7-14
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-14 06:29

I apologize for posting that video so many times. For some reason it does not show up on my mobile device so I thought it was not working. Let me know if you can view it ok.
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

shaydog2424 Posted at 2016-7-18 10:06
I apologize for posting that video so many times. For some reason it does not show up on my mobile ...

It's fine, I will remove the excess ones. I will try to get some more information for you regarding this issue so that you know where to look for a resolution. The only thing that we can not really account for is the compatibility of your 3rd party ESC's, as that could always be a factor.
2016-7-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

shaydog2424 Posted at 2016-7-18 10:06
I apologize for posting that video so many times. For some reason it does not show up on my mobile ...

We cannot.  I have removed them.  Please repost.  Thank you.
2016-7-19
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2016-7-19 13:21
We cannot.  I have removed them.  Please repost.  Thank you.

2016-7-19
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-20 04:20
It's fine, I will remove the excess ones. I will try to get some more information for you regardin ...

I know the first thing to do is blame something other than the A3 for the problem. But isnt the A3 suppose to work with other platforms? I have an extra esc i can send you guys to test. I just hope that it is something in the settings that can be adjusted to fix the problem. When i have a free day i will try somethings with settings. DJI's input on what i might adjust in the settings of A3 would be alot of help to me. Im a heli guy so alot of the settings are differnt than what im used to. I hope DJI would follow this problem until its resolved, because the cost of the A3 is almost 3x what im used to and i expect it to function as it should. Again in the heli world the manufactors always took care of there customers, well atleast Mikado did. I had direct contact with the guy who wrote the software in Germany and we would work out any gliches. And if it was in fact something other than there product that was causing the problem, they always fixed it. So please follow up with this issue. And please any help with gains or other settings would help me greatly.
Thanks
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

shaydog2424 Posted at 2016-7-21 16:10
I know the first thing to do is blame something other than the A3 for the problem. But isnt the A3 ...

I understand you concerns. When there are 3rd party components such as ESCs and motors, it's difficult to fully verify the performance with our products. Our flight controllers are made to work with a broad spektrum of 3rd party ESCs and motors, but there are some that cannot support the output coming from the flight controller. I'm not saying that they are necessarily the cause of your issue, but there is always the possibility for compatibility issues. With that said, we cannot completely rule out a hardware issue with the A3. We have forward this information to our R&D team to see if there is anything else available to troubleshoot, but you do have the option to send your unit in the North American Support Center for a potential diagnostics and repair.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Has the newest Assistant 2 software alleviated the issue for you?
2016-7-21
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-22 03:44
Has the newest Assistant 2 software alleviated the issue for you?

I can confirm the new software fixed that issue for me.
2016-7-21
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-22 03:43
I understand you concerns. When there are 3rd party components such as ESCs and motors, it's diffi ...

Thanks for the follow up.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

shaydog2424 Posted at 2016-7-22 13:56
Thanks for the follow up.

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you're up and running.
2016-7-21
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-22 14:05
You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you're up and running.

Jamie
Im not up and running. I was commenting on the post about assistant 2 fixing the axis value value problem. I have not had time to mess my setup. Fires and work have had me busy.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

shaydog2424 Posted at 2016-7-30 10:46
Jamie
Im not up and running. I was commenting on the post about assistant 2 fixing the axis value ...

I do apologize for the misunderstanding. Do you notice any changes to your set up, or have you contacted the North American Support Center for a potential RMA?
2016-7-30
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-31 05:35
I do apologize for the misunderstanding. Do you notice any changes to your set up, or have you con ...

Jamie
I had time to tune gain settings today. The alltitude drop was fixed by simply lowering the basic throttle gain to about 70. At default 90 gain it was basically shutting off the motors just barley bellow mid-stick. Very small adjustment in negative throttle would make it drop. So when I would apply positive throttle to climb in altitude and then try to come to a hover if the stick was barley below mid-stick motors would shut off. Then I would apply positive throttle to climb again than try to come to a hover and same thing would happen over and over until i could get it down to land. Pretty simple fix in the end. Now I have to tune the pitch and roll gains because when moving in any direction than coming to a stop copter rolls or pitches in opposite direction way to much before stabilizing. Almost like it is over correcting. I am assuming the gain setting will fix this. I just glad I can actually fly it now.
2016-7-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

shaydog2424 Posted at 2016-8-1 12:03
Jamie
I had time to tune gain settings today. The alltitude drop was fixed by simply lowering the ...

Thank you for the update. Please keep me posted.
2016-7-31
Use props
shaydog2424
lvl.2

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-1 12:53
Thank you for the update. Please keep me posted.

I should clarify that the motors where going into idle and not shutting off. My data logging confirms this,
2016-8-1
Use props
N800UA
lvl.1

United States

shaydog2424 Posted at 2016-8-1 23:20
I should clarify that the motors where going into idle and not shutting off. My data logging confi ...

hello shaydog2424

thanks for your previous posts about the throttles and their behavior.  

when you get time, could you post info on your gains and control exp for your A3.

many thanks
2016-8-9
Use props
fans25d3eb35
lvl.1
United States

I have an extensive amount of experience with many flight systems and platforms. The A3 system has serious issues. Do no fly any aircraft with this flight controller until someone can confirm what is going on. Some how some way a few drones are flying on this controller but don't don't be disillusioned by this.  For anyone shipping this controller, shame on you.
2017-4-17
Use props
BuffaloJustin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152060 ft
United States

fans25d3eb35 Posted at 2017-4-17 17:57
I have an extensive amount of experience with many flight systems and platforms. The A3 system has serious issues. Do no fly any aircraft with this flight controller until someone can confirm what is going on. Some how some way a few drones are flying on this controller but don't don't be disillusioned by this.  For anyone shipping this controller, shame on you.

You list no actual issues in this rant...
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules