944 10 2016-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miketeel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently replaced my motor boom (not the lift boom) and it appears to be raising higher than the non-replaced boom. I am aware of the "camber" adjustment of the motor boom. Is there an adjustment to how high the boom lifts?
2016-7-11
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
  • >>>

The attached picture in flight shows one side higher than the other. Perhaps its not the height of the boom raise. As you can see the left side flies slightly higher tilting the axis of the drone. Is this normal? It will hold pretty stable but it doesn't seem right. Anyone have any advice?

Tilted axis after replacing motor boom.

Tilted axis after replacing motor boom.
2016-7-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

miketeel Posted at 2016-7-11 18:09
The attached picture in flight shows one side higher than the other. Perhaps its not the height of t ...

The height adjustment would be the tie rod that is attached to the boom. Can you check the length of the tie-rod and see if this has changed .. or check it against the other side. As long as you have put these in the same location, I would think the lift would be the same. The other thing is the clamp could be twisted on the boom causing the geometry to be off slightly.

They use a jig at the DJI shop...

Just a thought and hope this helps you

Rich
2016-7-11
Use props
Wolfexe
lvl.2

Russia

miketeel Posted at 2016-7-12 09:09
The attached picture in flight shows one side higher than the other. Perhaps its not the height of t ...

Set the copter on a level surface and calibrate the IMU. I think will help.
2016-7-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

miketeel Posted at 2016-7-11 20:09

I would do as Rich Suggested, measure the adjusting Boom and see if they match on another,  If it is significantly out of whack ( technical term ) , then I would adjust accordingly, If not I would leave it alone if it is not effecting flight , How does it look while the gear is down ? I would take a level and measure that as well.  You may be within tolerance and if it flys ok, just leave it be, sometimes we open a can of worms that is best to just stay closed.

good luck

donnie
2016-7-12
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Wolfexe Posted at 2016-7-12 17:59

Thanks, I will try this this evening and report back
2016-7-12
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-7-12 12:12
The height adjustment would be the tie rod that is attached to the boom. Can you check the length  ...

The tie rod and lift boom were not changed out so they would be the same length as before. There was a difference in the motor boom in that the newer booms have replaced metal shims with rubber shims but I don't see how that would affect the height of the raise.

I can't tell yet if the it just appears higher in flight due to the axis tilt or if it is really higher. When sitting on ground (landing gear lower) they appear equal height. I will check with a level later this evening.
I will also do as Wolfexe suggested and recalibrate IMU
2016-7-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

miketeel Posted at 2016-7-12 13:30
The tie rod and lift boom were not changed out so they would be the same length as before. There wa ...

It may be a slight difference in where the Boom and Tie rod come together, I would check with a level the left and right top  motor pods and see if they are level at the top of the props.  If they are very close , I would leave well enough alone , if they are not, I would adjust the tie rod accordingly , just remember to count the number of turns to bring it in or out , this way you can keep good records and change if necessary.

Are you in the grocery busines by the way ?  Is that produce I see in the Backround ?  Just wondering, sorry I get distracted easy.  
**I see that you are in the California Grocery business ......never mind

good luck- donnie

2016-7-12
Use props
miketeel
lvl.2
  • >>>

Wolfexe Posted at 2016-7-12 17:59

Re-calibrating the IMU corrected the problem. Them axis of the body is vertically straight and it has leveled the props to the same height.
2016-7-12
Use props
Wolfexe
lvl.2

Russia

miketeel Posted at 2016-7-13 06:45
Re-calibrating the IMU corrected the problem. Them axis of the body is vertically straight and it  ...

excellent
2016-7-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

miketeel Posted at 2016-7-12 15:45
Re-calibrating the IMU corrected the problem. Them axis of the body is vertically straight and it  ...

Glad it all worked out .... that sounds like a great answer to this issue and you assembled everything correctly!!

Rich
2016-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules