Remove Lens
1265 14 2016-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

I am trying to remove the lens on my P3 Pro and replace it with a Polar Pro ND filter. But this sucker is tight. I don't want to go full ninja on it and mess up the lens or gimbal. Any suggestions?

Thanks
2016-7-11
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

Why would you remove lens. Its part of camera and will distroy it just get a slide on filter
2016-7-11
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

This particular topic has been covered many times in the forum.  Key is to make sure you are not pinching the lens cover when you are turning....you want even pressure around the lens or you'll be fighting yourself trying to get it off.

Putting on grippy gloves (i.e. latex or other) or using some grip material can help to ensure you aren't sliding on the lens covers edge will certainly help.  It initially needs a pretty good 'oomph' to get the threads turning, just be sure not to deform the lens cover by pinching at the same time you are turning.

And billwish76, on the P3Pro it is NOT a permanent part of the camera, the lens has threads and just screws off.  The P3 Standard is a different story.
2016-7-11
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

They are pretty tight,  but you can get it off by wrapping a rubber band or similar around it and gently squeezing while you turn it.  If you squeeze while you try to turn,  it will be harder.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

if doing it with your fingers you have to make sure you grab it in 3 spots evenly spaced and don't press too hard. The harder you squeeze the less likely it will come off.
2016-7-11
Use props
72er
lvl.1

Germany

put on a rubber glove.   

my p3a came with i little white tool to change the propeller. I use it to remove the lens
2016-7-11
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

billwish76 Posted at 2016-7-11 14:17
Why would you remove lens. Its part of camera and will distroy it just get a slide on filter

Really dude?
2016-7-11
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2016-7-11 14:25
This particular topic has been covered many times in the forum.  Key is to make sure you are not pin ...

That's what I figured but I did a search and nothing came up. Thanks for the help though.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Joe D. Posted at 2016-7-12 05:17
That's what I figured but I did a search and nothing came up. Thanks for the help though.

Are you still unable to remove it?
It does have very fine threads and the metal is really thin so squeezing on it only makes it tougher to get off.
2016-7-11
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Well, you were the one that titled this thread "Remove lens" when it should have said "Remove filter" or "Remove DJI Stock UV filter". Technically, you really don't want to remove the lens.

Words matter. He wasn't trying to be asshat, he was simply confused because you used the wrong term.

2016-7-11
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-7-11 16:35
Well, you were the one that titled this thread "Remove lens" when it should have said "Remove filte ...

Fair enough
2016-7-13
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-11 16:23
Are you still unable to remove it?
It does have very fine threads and the metal is really thin so  ...

Moving my daughter in to school so I haven't messed with it anymore. But I have heard from several people not to squeeze but to twist so I will wait till I have plenty of time so I can be patient

Thanks again guys. I will let you know when I attempt it again.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Joe D. Posted at 2016-7-14 02:10
Moving my daughter in to school so I haven't messed with it anymore. But I have heard from several ...

Sounds good.
2016-7-13
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

Joe D. Posted at 2016-7-14 02:10
Moving my daughter in to school so I haven't messed with it anymore. But I have heard from several ...

When you grip it, put the pressure on the forward edge. That way you won't be pushing on the threads.
2016-7-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

The best gripper I have found is silicon.  Silicon gloves or hot dish pad works very well - great grip with little or no pressure.
2016-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules