How to setup NAZA V2 failsafe with spectrum Dx7 transmitter?
8681 7 2014-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zhanyiduo
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

As many of you may know that the spectrum recevier has a default failsafe function. When the signal is lost, all channels will output the transmitter's sticks position when it was binded. However, for the Naza flight controller, it cannot detect the signal loss becasue the receiver will be in failsafe and continue output the signal. What makes it even worse is that I usually put the throttle stick to the lowest position when binding, so the receiver will output the lowest throttle commend to the flight controller, and therefore the quad will drop like a rock!

Can anyone help me to setup the transmitter/naza to enable the failsafe function of naza? So when the signal is lost, my quad could return to home rather than drop like a rock.
2014-9-17
Use props
kartakim
New
Flight distance : 131453 ft
Russia

2014-9-17
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure your rx supports programmable failsafe. Only Ar7000 v2 or above support this feature.
2014-9-17
Use props
stephane.driuss
New

France

1 You have to setup all switches to the correct position before powering the TX (put the throttle in the middle also).
2 You have to put in bind mode your receiver
For orange RX you have to remove the bind plug after that
For Spektrum you have to do that twice times (one with the plug one without for failsafe and fail crash)

3 Press the bind/trainer button and power on your TX.

Now the receiver save this setup as the default setup when receipt is out of range and send the memorized setup to the flight control board.
2014-9-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Correct but he still needs an rx that supports programmable fs. The correct way is to boot the rx with bind plug, then remove bind plug.  Then turn on radio while pressing the bind with all switches in the desired fs position.
2014-9-18
Use props
totem
New

United Kingdom

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-9-18 07:12
Make sure your rx supports programmable failsafe. Only Ar7000 v2 or above support this feature.

Spektrum AR6260 also has preset failsafe option
2014-9-19
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cool.. haven't used spektrum for about a year now..
2014-9-20
Use props
Ken Louey
New

Please send me your file link. I can not see it attached.
2018-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules