1769 4 2016-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dani2013
lvl.3
Flight distance : 536017 ft
  • >>>
Armenia

Anybody tried to downgrade LB2 firmware using the latest Assistant version ? we got fails

lb2  fail.jpg
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, what firmware version were you on and can you confirm what the Assistant Software says is installed on the aircraft after a power cycle?
2016-7-12
Use props
dani2013
lvl.3
Flight distance : 536017 ft
  • >>>
Armenia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-13 00:07
To clarify, what firmware version were you on and can you confirm what the Assistant Software says i ...

DJI Assistant 2 v.1.0.5

Air System Version : 1.1.30
Ground System Version : 1.1.30

now want to downgrade to
Air System Version : 1.1.10
Ground System Version : 1.1.0
2016-7-12
Use props
mizamook
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1121519 ft
  • >>>
United States

In case any of you think I'm a DJI fanboy, you'd be so wrong.

With DJI's A3 flight controller and Lightbridge 2 system ($1999) you'd think I would not have to deal with this BS.

Yeah, it works.  Kinda.  Sometimes.

So there I am, $3000+ into a system that should work flawlessly out of the box, a scheduled flight actually happening, and the system doesn't connect.  For like 30 minutes.  

Then it suddenly does, barely just in time to make the takeoff cost worth it, and I get some cool footage.

A day later, and I fire up the system at home.  It connects without a hitch.  Which is weird, but I noted my startup procedure, just in case it mattered.

Two hours later, I fire it up again, with exactly the same procedure, and it does not connect, and gives all sorts of guff.  So I shut it down, and try again, more methodically checking my procedure.

Nope.

Two hours after that, after hard resetting the controller and ipad several times, full system reboots, it SUDDENLY connects ... and I don't really know why ... same as the other day when it finally connected in the air.

It's totally random.  But once it starts working, it stays working ... until it gets shut down ...

This, my friends, is absolute BS.  If there was another company that offered similar systems/decent quality (when it's working) I'd be so happy to pay double what DJI charges ... but there isn't, so they have us over a barrel, and they are not being gentle.

I am really really livid.

But, happy to say, that the system works well when it does, and I guess that's the price I pay ...

DJI can go  ----  ----------!

2016-10-3
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've have the same issues as you and have spent many hours trying to connect this stuff.
I have master and slave and two cameras and have discovered the start up procedure is critical.
The following I find is most reliable..........
Make sure all cameras are switched off as this seems to affect the start up procedure and image quality!!

1 Start DJI GO app. (inspire will appear - leave it!!)
2 Start ground unit/s (LB2 screen will appear - DONT TOUCH IT!!)
3 Start aircraft (A3 Connection screen will appear)
4 Enter A3 by pressing the blue camera button
5 Aircraft status screen should appear
6 Switch on Camera/s
7 Adjust video band width if running two cameras and set output to LB/Ext.

If you try to connect when the LB2 screen is on the app, connection will fail 9 times out of 10. DO NOT enter the App until A3 is displayed and always switch the app on first.
It can still take a bit of time for the cameras to connect, so be patient.

Shut down in exactly the reverse order, i.e.. App, Aircraft, Ground units.

If you are flying more than one battery, leave the ground unit and app running whilst you change batteries and you will find it will reconnect on aircraft start-up.

As usual we are left to figure this out as DJI offer no real help, just keep introducing more new equipment and using people who are trying to earn a living as testers which costs us money and reputation.

My A3 still does not deliver the functionality as advertised but DJI have released a new drone before sorting out existing equipment/customers.

It really is making me look elsewhere.

End of rant!!

Hope this helps?
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules