Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Inconsistent Firmware Found" issue
6553 10 2016-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shvedov89
lvl.1

Russia

Hi,

I constantly experience firmware update issue with my P4: each run DJI GO app warns me about inconsistent firmware in modules of aircraft and each time fails to update aircraft's "module" (however, live liew status page states that aircraft is running "latest firmware"):

20160712_230218000_iOS.png 20160712_230309000_iOS.png

I send tons of failed update reports to DJI without any answer
New firmware updates are also producing errors when updating somewhere in the end of update process, however DJI GO app tells updates are actually installed and I'm running latest firmware:

20160712_230450000_iOS.png

I've tried updating aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 app both on Mac and Windows - every firmware update and downgrade fails at 84% with "error code 00002".
I've tried running firmware updates both without and with different SD cards inserted - no luck.
I've tried resetting aircraft to factory settings vis DJI Assistant - no luck.
I've tried running update of "inconsistent" firmware via DJI GO with all three of my batteries - no luck.
I've tried running update of "inconsistent" firmware via DJI GO both with both RC and aircraft connected to iPhone - no luck.

Aircraft works fine, but I'm little scared to flight it because of this firmware update failures and warnings.
It looks like DJI GO actually complains about battery firmware, since RC and aircraft are running latest versions of firmware...

Is there anything else I can try to get firmware updates working?
Is there a way to update P4 via .bin file on SD card like Phantom 3? I couldn't find where to download firmware via .bin file for P4.
2016-7-12
Use props
cjay84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

mine did the exact same thing after I did the DJI.config  mod to add all the 32 channels. I got all the warnings just like yours . I uninstalled the DJI go app and downloaded and installed again. turned it on and it ask for an update required so I did that and it works fine now !
2016-7-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello shvedov89, could you upload the upgrade log to dropbox and then post the link here? You can follow this tutorial to find it:
2016-7-12
Use props
controlflow
lvl.1

Russia

So, here is my update log from iOS DJI GO app: update log

I've tried to reinstall DJI GO app - no success, the same story.

p.s. I haven't tried to use any of custom apps for Phantom, like Litchi and others.
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

controlflow Posted at 2016-7-13 19:04
So, here is my update log from iOS DJI GO app: update log

I've tried to reinstall DJI GO app - no ...

Thanks for your feedback. But actually we need the upgrade log which is located in the installing directory of DJI Assistant 2 software in your computer.Thanks for your understanding.
2016-7-13
Use props
controlflow
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-13 19:11
Thanks for your feedback. But actually we need the upgrade log which is located in the installing  ...

No problem, here is my DJI Assistant 2 (OS X version) logs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2209105/dji/logs.zip
2016-7-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

controlflow Posted at 2016-7-13 20:29
No problem, here is my DJI Assistant 2 (OS X version) logs: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22 ...

Sorry for my delay. I've discussed this with our developers but unfortunately it is a hardware error. It is recommended to get in touch with our tech support via support@dji.com and send it in for diagnosis. Thank you for your understanding.
2016-7-14
Use props
danran
New

Brazil

hi, i have the same problem
here is my log https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8tu9f ... kb_w442Emvsh-a?dl=0
2016-7-21
Use props
fansfec07789
New
Flight distance : 153930 ft
Italy

Hi,
i have the same problem with mavic pro, any suggestion?
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansfec07789 Posted at 2017-4-12 01:18
Hi,
i have the same problem with mavic pro, any suggestion?

If you had tried the troubleshooting steps above and the issue persists, it would be best to send the unit in for service.
2017-4-12
Use props
SteveIves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57448 ft
United Kingdom

I saw this error today and I believe what caused the issue was that the last time I flew I used my iPhone, and there was an update for the drone, so I applied it before flying. The next time I flew I used a different device, my iPad, and it complained that inconsistent firmware was found and prompted mtpe to update, which resolved the error on the iPad. However, it did NOT prompt me to connect the USB cable to the P4P, so whatever update was required was entirely within the DJI GO app on the iPad - it's internals were out of step with the aircraft.

All is fine now. So the moral appears to be that if you fly using multiple devices, whenever you have to update anything, go through and hook all your devices up to ensure everything is in sync.

BTW I'm a total novice at this stuff, so this is nothing more than my best guess as a software guy. Hope it helps.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules