Unintentional Motor Restart after Landing
1539 5 2015-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

I'm certain this is pilot error, but wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced a landing, where upon killing the motors, the motors suddenly restart after a second or two.

It seems that the sticks are so sensitive that although I think I'm holding them down/center, I must be letting off of them ever-so-slightly, then center/down again -- so it 'thinks' I want a restart.

Has anyone else seen this?   Am I missing something obvious that is causing this?

Thanks - Mike
2015-1-24
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Well I had that happen as well and I just now take the left stick and hold it down for a second or 2 and kills the motors. That only happen when I was using both sticks to start and stop it..... Hope this helps. Since using left stick only it has never happened again.

Mike
2015-1-24
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

svencool Posted at 2015-1-25 08:39
Well I had that happen as well and I just now take the left stick and hold it down for a second or 2 ...

Great info, makes sense.

Thanks Mike - Mike
2015-1-24
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I'm curious as well. I suspect that as a habit, I perform a manual shut down of the motors by holding down diagonally both sticks on the remote, but I do believe that the Inspire will shut the motors down automatically after a successful landing. I'll check when I get home from work tonight
2015-1-24
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't use the motor shutdown stick control. I only use the CSC stick input for motor start. So it has never happen to me. I think it is a better practice to land the aircraft by lowering the throttle and then when it lands take the throttle down to 0 and hold it there. It takes about one second for the motors to shut off automatically. Because there is no right stick used with this method there is no chance that the motors will restart. I think this is a safer way to land.
2015-1-24
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2015-1-25 13:28
I don't use the motor shutdown stick control. I only use the CSC stick input for motor start. So it  ...

I agree, it sounds like the best method,

I appreciate the feedback.

- Mike
2015-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules