Buying a secondhand Inspire 1
2621 19 2016-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helipilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79846 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there, I have been a Yuneek fan for sometime now but have decided to  jump ship now, not because I'm unhappy with my Yuneec or their customer  service which is great, well here in the UK anyway but more because the  software available from 3rd parties is so much better especially for the  work I now intend doing. It will be my intention to purchase a Matrice  600 in a few months and have therefore decided to buy a secondhand  Inspire 1 to "cut my teeth" on the interface etc. It will also be an  ideal backup alongside my Yuneec for when I take the plunge with the  600. Ok, story over and now the question, what should I look for before I  part with my cash? Are there any known areas of concern etc etc. I'm  sure you know where I'm coming from. I look forward to any help or  advice from this "splitter" from the Yuneec camp. Also happy to answer  any questions on the Yuneec side of things if anyone has any. Thanks!
2016-7-14
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen many brand new inspire V2.0 in factory sealed box going for $1500 on eBay. One seller has sold at least 6 of them at this price.
Here was the last one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/27228946 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
He doesn't have any listed now, but keep your eyes open.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you plan to buy second hand, you would want to get their original proof of purchase, so that you can continue with any possible warranty claims in the future.
2016-7-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yuneec sucks and the inspire 1 v2 is on sale, just buy a new one??
2016-7-14
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

You can't judge by the flight record that's going to show in the app since that can be wiped out. What can't be wiped is the battery history. If the batteries show 200 recharges and the seller says he only flew it a few times, walk away. Also the batteries have a 'life' condition check that could help you with pricing if there are multiple batteries in the deal. Holding down the start button for 5 seconds will give you a reading that is explained here. Lastly, I would try very hard to make the purchase local so you can have the owner demo it. That can avoid some nasty problems if there are issues on your first flight. Hope this helps.
2016-7-14
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-7-15 00:14
You can't judge by the flight record that's going to show in the app since that can be wiped out. Wh ...

Thanks that's really good advice and info I wasn't aware of.
2016-7-16
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-7-14 23:00
Yuneec sucks and the inspire 1 v2 is on sale, just buy a new one??

I don't think Yuneec sucks and if it did the Inspire would not be on "sale" at the moment, it is only due to the success of Yuneec that has made DJI reduce their price but thanks anyway for such positive and constructive advice.
2016-7-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would be Leary of a used one unless it is a great deal.  There are some good buys out there but be sure to look at the used ones closely, I always like to look at the seller, I know that sounds judgmental but it is true, when you have a individual  who takes good care of his personal property , you can be pretty sure they take good care of their aircraft.  I would not buy without a test flight  as well and make sure the aircraft is up to date.  You will love DJI,  I as well had the Yuneec product and was blown away by the reliability of my Inspire and Phantom Pro.  You wont loose GPS hardly ever and you will be able to significant greater distance as well.

I would still consider new with the drop in price.

donnie
2016-7-16
Use props
byrneshaun4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-7-14 12:18
I have seen many brand new inspire V2.0 in factory sealed box going for $1500 on eBay. One seller ha ...

lol did anyone look at this guys feed back on ebay 1500 for an empty box lol
2016-7-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Helipilot Posted at 2016-7-16 06:55
I don't think Yuneec sucks and if it did the Inspire would not be on "sale" at the moment, it is o ...

Like I said, yuneec sucks, they are at least 5 years behind DJI..
2016-7-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Helipilot Posted at 2016-7-16 06:55
I don't think Yuneec sucks and if it did the Inspire would not be on "sale" at the moment, it is o ...

The inspire 1 is on sale because of a newer version soon to be released, not because of the typhoon H.
2016-7-16
Use props
agilarmanuel
lvl.2

United States

;) yuneec good
2016-7-16
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-7-16 23:50
Like I said, yuneec sucks, they are at least 5 years behind DJI..

Yes you're right, now please crawl away!
2016-7-17
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-7-16 23:52
The inspire 1 is on sale because of a newer version soon to be released, not because of the typhoo ...

It is a known fact to most sensible people that Yuneec are giving DJI a run for their money, however, as I said they fall down when it comes to the software control. The Typhoon H IS THE REASON that the Inspire was reduced. It would not make commercial sense to reduce something because of something new coming out when that new thing isn't yet available DUH!!!! As I said at the start I have been using Yuneec and think it is a great platform and the customer service and support is fantastic. I came on here to get some advice on buying an Inspire secondhand to cut my teeth before investing in a 600. Thanks yet again for your wonderfully helpful feedback. Nice to see the rest of the forum are much more helpful. Were you beaten as a child???{:4_177:}
2016-7-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Helipilot Posted at 2016-7-17 05:20
It is a known fact to most sensible people that Yuneec are giving DJI a run for their money, howeve ...

Are you an android fan boy also? I though so.
2016-7-17
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-7-17 13:20
Are you an android fan boy also? I though so.

Asking questions and answering them yourself in the same breath, dear oh dear. Away and have a load of conversations with yourself, you don't need us. These forums are for people to be helpful.....which you're not. Any further replies, regardless of content, will be ignored....so go on have the last word and make yourself feel sooooooo much better. Troll!!!!
2016-7-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Helipilot Posted at 2016-7-17 11:30
Asking questions and answering them yourself in the same breath, dear oh dear. Away and have a loa ...

No need for name calling, your post has been reported as offensive.
2016-7-17
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-7-15 00:14
You can't judge by the flight record that's going to show in the app since that can be wiped out. Wh ...

What would you say was "acceptable" in terms of life for the batteries bearing in mind the machine will be secondhand? Thanks again for the link, very useful!
2016-7-18
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Helipilot Posted at 2016-7-18 07:19
What would you say was "acceptable" in terms of life for the batteries bearing in mind the machine ...

Helipilot... I think you can apply the percentage directly to the list price. A battery at 80% would translate to $160 for a T48. I would then apply a standard 'used' discount of about 20% which translates to about $128 each for batteries showing 4 lights. I purchased my I1P used with 6 batteries. That represented about 20% of the total price so it's not a small amount. Also when you go to the battery tab in the GO app, it show how many times it has been recharged. That number, added up for each battery represents the normal wear and tear on your bird and should also be a factor in the purchase price.
I would not purchase a battery showing less than 4 lights.

I think most importantly, if the numbers don't match the initial claim of the seller, just walk away. You have no way of knowing what else he may be misrepresenting. I got very lucky with mine. The seller didn't come down on price as much as I would have liked but it was still a very good buy and I've had zero problems and no surprises.
2016-7-18
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Flighttime1,  that's great, I'll check it all out and thanks again, very much appreciated!
2016-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules