naildrivingman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

I have a damaged X3 as follows:
1. Broken main arm
2. Torn ribbon cable
3. Scratched lens

Has anyone sent the camera only in to have repairs done?  If so, did DJI want the whole kit (bird, RC, etc)?  What were the damages and costs?

I bought another camera and am able to fly, but I think a backup camera is not a bad idea.

Any thoughts/experience would be helpful.

Thanks,
Chris

2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Does your replacement camera work with your aircraft without any issue? If the aircraft works fine, then you could just send in the camera. Unfortunately I would not be able to provide a quote, as it would need to be evaluated by a repair technician when it's sent in. They would send you an invoice prior to performing any repairs, so you can choose to opt out if you don't want to pay their amount.
2016-7-14
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-14 12:51
Does your replacement camera work with your aircraft without any issue? If the aircraft works fine,  ...

Thanks Jamie.  Yes the replacement does work with the bird.

I was thinking that with the advent of the new camera(s), the cost of repair may be well spent elsewhere.  I will consider my options.

Regards,
Chris
2016-7-14
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
Ireland

naildrivingman@ Posted at 2016-7-14 20:33
Thanks Jamie.  Yes the replacement does work with the bird.

I was thinking that with the advent of ...

USdrone repair , Jermy works miracles on gimbal repairs and is always cheeper than dji. http://www.usdronerepair.com he will probably give you an estimate by email if you send photos and explain.
2016-7-14
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.3
United States

datincan Posted at 2016-7-14 17:36
USdrone repair , Jermy works miracles on gimbal repairs and is always cheeper than dji. http://www ...

Thanks for the tip.  I will contact him.  My guess is that it might even be quicker than shipping to China.

Best Regards,
Chris
2016-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules