Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Cool black series
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Buy some more and DJI may consider setting up a repair center for you ;)
2016-7-15
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

2016-8-3
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

2016-8-3
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

That looks a'lot like my table as we both have lots of money tied up in the DJI Line.  After the geofence updates.... I am flying my last DJI birds.
With as much as you pay for these things.... you are pretty much at the limit you can pony out an extra couple thousand and get a quality bird that does not suffer from self imposed restrictions and nuisances.
The thing that pisses me off the most is the Idea that you have to have access to the internet to unlock a zone before you can fly....  unless of course you get lucky and its a green zone.
anyways good luck and safe flying.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That's a good looking fleet, thank you for sharing.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-8-4 16:58
That looks a'lot like my table as we both have lots of money tied up in the DJI Line.  After the geo ...

I understand your frustration. If you have the proper authorization, you can always contact the FlySafe team to get the area you need unlocked.
2016-8-4
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-4 14:24
I understand your frustration. If you have the proper authorization, you can always contact the Fl ...

I have no hard feeling Jamie.... I am a bit frustrated yes.
However being able to roll with the punches is life, I am sure that is exactly what DJI is trying to do by impleimenting this GEO mess.  
I still think DJI makes an awesome recreational product....
However in my field I need these flying cameras and sensors to work every time all the time....
This geo system is just a bit too complex.... enough that it exposes itself a bit to much to Murphy's Law.
on the same note for recreational use I understand why those at DJI  see it is a good idea.....

if there were any other options such as if I could submit a commercial License # and unlock it for an extended period... i might not be so put off.
However contacting some one VIA email then submitting a bunch of paper work.. and then hoping for a prompt response and glitch free solution...

Combine this with all the FAA notifications and paperwork a buisness is  Mandated to do to stay legal...
Then All these additional  Variable start to add together and this product becomes more of a toy then a tool for professional use....

It saddens me to see such innovative equipment purposefully crippled.
At the same time DJI has run the numbers and decided that the money is in the recreational market and therefore these procedures need to be in place.

I have no bad feelings... Im just in a position I have to do more research and cut the potential losses out of the equation, purchasing more DJI equipment (at least in the recreational line up) would be a waste at this point.  
And honestly I've lost enough confidence in DJI's Ethics (As in Ive seen them change major characteristics  of existing Hardware with firmware)...
Therfore Im not very thrilled about putting a bunch of money in their professionall line up either.

Other then all that its a top notch bird.....
2016-8-4
Use props
pwfirst
lvl.3
United States

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2016-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules