DJI Osmo Zenmuse x3 low light problem & jumping, blurring.
3540 9 2016-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
borowcz
lvl.1
Croatia

Hi...!! I have two problems with my Osmo and im counting on you help and opinion.

1.While shooting low light im geting strange "yellow wink" on footage from time to time.
I have tried auto settings, different combinations of manual settings in ISO and shuttle speed, other SD card, record without any filters and i always get this anoing "yellow wink".
In original footage and rendered footage the "yellow wink" apears.
Below link to video with this problem.

(footage rendered in Vegas 13 as Internet HD 1080p for Youtube)

OSMO manual settings for this video:
FullHD 1920x1080
29,970 fps
ISO 800
Shuttle speed 30

On ISO 1600, 3200 and other shuttle speed this "yellow wink" also apears.

2.While moving around with Osmo from side to side,video backgroung elements are (i don't know how to propertly
name it) jumping, stucking, blurring&jumping. Like the frames where missing. Il try diferent SD cards, FPS settings, types of resolutions
and the "jumping" apears always when moving side to side. I thing when shooting in 4K they are even more visible.

Below link to video with this problem. Problem appear at 10:57 of the video.

Please give me some advice, share your experience...
2016-7-14
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi,in the first video, that's not normal, what is  the anti-flicker set to?  
2016-7-14
Use props
Freeman84
lvl.1
Croatia

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-7-15 07:05
Hi,in the first video, that's not normal, what is  the anti-flicker set to?

Hi.. Yes, anti-flicker set to 50Hz...
2016-7-14
Use props
Freeman84
lvl.1
Croatia

In the second video problem appears at 10:57 of the video.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Freeman84 Posted at 2016-7-15 01:14
Hi.. Yes, anti-flicker set to 50Hz...

The first one is not normal, and looks like a flickering issue. Have you tried 60hz on anti-flicker?   If you shoot something like flashlight, a burning candle, or a fire ignitied from something in a dark room, does it have this trouble also?

The second video is normal, when you pan too fast, the processor can not process that amount of video details, so it looks blurry in the background. Increasing to 60fps normally alleviate this issue.  It happens almost to all the recording cameras.
2016-7-14
Use props
Freeman84
lvl.1
Croatia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-15 08:53
The first one is not normal, and looks like a flickering issue. Have you tried 60hz on anti-flicker ...

Thank you for your advice.
I didn't try 60Hz because in Croatia the current is 50Hz.
But for field test I'll go today to auto and then 60Hz in anti-flicker.
I will try to shoot flashlight,  candle or another kind of light in a dark room.
When this flickering issue occurred what should i do next?

I wrote message yesterday to support through DJI Web with that issue and i received email with  RMA pdf attached and no further information about my problem in message.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

Freeman84 Posted at 2016-7-15 03:31
Thank you for your advice.
I didn't try 60Hz because in Croatia the current is 50Hz.
But for field ...

Hi, probably they think you have a faulty unit. You can use that return shipping slip when you don't want to try anymore.

Flashlight/candle doesn't have current frequencies, so if the yellow flashing disappears, it might have something to do with the anti-flickering setting..
2016-7-14
Use props
Freeman84
lvl.1
Poland

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-15 08:53
The first one is not normal, and looks like a flickering issue. Have you tried 60hz on anti-flicker ...

About blury in the backgorund...you wrote "when you pan too fast, the processor can not process that amount of video details"

I have ben thinking that the DJI OSMO Zenmuse X3 is action an camera and where is action is movement, a lot of movement. So if procesor can not proces video with more movement, then what an action camera OSMO is ?
Is there a way to reduce that side efect of movement ?
2016-7-19
Use props
Freeman84
lvl.1
Poland

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-15 09:59
Hi, probably they think you have a faulty unit. You can use that return shipping slip when you don ...

HI. I try in a quick to shoot burning candle for a fiev sec and that yellow flashing don't apear.

But when i check my video footage i found another flashing video this time with blue flashing.
This was shoot by the seashore at the evening.
Below link to video whit this blue flashing.

Is this possible that the temperature of surroundings cases this?
But if it does why in a sunny day when temperature goes to 35C / 95F that didn't occur?

What should i do in this situation and what with that RMA i have ?
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

Hi, it's a hardware issue.
Please follow the instructions in the email from DJI and mail it to us for repair.

Thank you.
2016-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules