960 4 2016-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cayalag
lvl.3
Flight distance : 470656 ft
Portugal

Hi guys,

First of all I have to say that I am very happy with the 503 firm... no heigth drop at all

I have encountered an issue though... in the DJI GO App my altitude limit is 500 m. Today I took off where I live, surrounded by Seagulls, so I changed to Sport mode in order to be able to maneuver in case they decided to attack. That was during the initial climb, and to my suprise, after a few seconds the APP said that I had reached the maximum altitude, repeating it after a few seconds again...

I brought the bird down to hover at a safe altiude (to stay away from seagulls) and checked the APP settings. As I suspected with 99.99% certainty, the limit had been set to 500 m

I climbed again without changing anything and this time it went all the way up with no problems.

You can take a look at the log here:

warning at 15s: 164 ft
warning at 22s: 152 ft

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WUWGTN41R6Q5RDPSD2DK/

Any idea what the problem could have been ?

2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is your email and I will look at the flight record.
If it does it again then delete and re-install the app (after syncing flight records)
2016-7-14
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Portugal

cayalag_@hotmail.com

I will try tomorrow, doing the same sequence and I will do that in case it happens again.
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello cayalag, according to the flight record, at the very beginning, GPS signal quality was not good enough. In this situation, the maximum height will be limited to 50m. But later when the GPS quality became good, your drone's reached the height around 250m. So don't worry and keep in mind that safety is the best policy
2016-7-14
Use props
cayalag
lvl.3
Portugal

Thanks Paladin, I didn't know about that limitation !

Have a nice weekend
2016-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules