Second display while flying?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlaub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559183 ft

Hi all. I'm new to drones but want to get some great video. I (think I) am good at flying but my partner has a better artistic eye for video. Is there a way to connect or use a second display so we don't both have to try to view the same tiny iPad mini under a sun hood while airborne? I have a P3 PRO and we have other iPads available if there were a way to "double" the screen image.

THANKS! This forum is a great source of information!
2016-7-15
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

You could add the optional HDMI Output module.
2016-7-15
Use props
Rabidman
lvl.1

United States

You could try splicing two lightning cables together so you have one usb-A (normal) connector and then two lightning (or whatever ipad minis use) connectors. I have never tried this and I dont think it will work but it is worth a shot.
2016-7-15
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft

As Gil suggests, add the 99 dollar HDMI module.  I use it all the time to output to a second device (headplay goggles)
2016-7-15
Use props
jlaub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559183 ft

I think I found something that will work for me... We are Apple fans. There is software I can install on a MacBook that makes it an AirPlay receiver. I have a Verizon MiFi jet pack hotspot create a wireless network and simply mirror my iPad mini to the MacBook Pro. Round about way to do it but only cost me $15 for the MacBook Pro software. My MiFi unit doesn't even have a SIM in it so absolutely no internet involved.
2016-7-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

In my personal opinion, an HDMI module and FPV goggles may meet your need. Here is a video tutorial of installing the HDMI module and your idea of using the MiFi and Airplay is also worth to try.
2016-7-15
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

jlaub@me.com Posted at 2016-7-15 06:52
I think I found something that will work for me... We are Apple fans. There is software I can instal ...

Aloha jlaub,

Well, yes, you could keep on going with those small Apple products you are so fond of, or you can go large with HDMI as noted elsewhere in this thread.  Personally, I have a 15.6 inch GeChic monitor with external battery (that seems to last a lifetime) for my second display using HDMI.  No problems, Plug 'n' Play.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules