DJI OSMO and NEW gimbal Zenmuse Z3 (with optical zoom)
7475 14 2016-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123104 ft
Russia

DJI OSMO and NEW gimbal Zenmuse Z3

http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-z3
Would it be possible to mount the new gimbal Zenmuse Z3 with optical zoom on the DJI OSMO?

2016-7-15
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

It would be good to have this for the osmo handle, but I think its for the Inspire 1, Matrice 100 and Matrice 600.
2016-7-15
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-7-16 07:09
It would be good to have this for the osmo handle, but I think its for the Inspire 1, Matrice 100 an ...

This model can not be used on Osmo.
2016-7-17
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Russia

Very regret, and when I wanted going immediately to buy 3 pieces (1 for inspire 1 and 2 for 2 my OSMO). {:4_157:}

In this case, in the absence of universality - the price is not adequate!

2016-7-18
Use props
cookinghusband
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41463 ft
Hong Kong

I would have order a couple immediately if it can be use on the OSMO.
2016-7-18
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-18 09:48
This model can not be used on Osmo.

Are there any plans to make it available for the osmo? or there are some technical limitations why it cant be used on the osmo?
2016-7-20
Use props
berndv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2953 ft
Italy

Skywolf007 Posted at 2016-7-20 13:53
Are there any plans to make it available for the osmo? or there are some technical limitations why ...

Reading from the specs, I think the Z3 has fixed focus, so no auto or manual focus. Increased focal length means shallower depth of field. So images can't be sharp all the way from close by to far away. This makes it useless for the Osmo. As this camera is meant for the drones, it will not be a problem if close-by images are unsharp as nobody will fly too close to his subject with a drone anyway.
2016-7-21
Use props
kameleon_dj
lvl.1

United States

berndv Posted at 2016-7-21 15:22
Reading from the specs, I think the Z3 has fixed focus, so no auto or manual focus. Increased foca ...

I actually got the Z3 and it appears to have an automatic focus.  As I can see it blur then refocus at times while using it.
2016-8-4
Use props
ROSTOVisualFX
lvl.4
Russia

DJI presentation of OSMO+ camera with optical zoom!

Skywolf007 Posted at 2016-7-20 14:53
Are there any plans to make it available for the osmo? or there are some technical limitations why ...

The reason why Z3 is not supported in OSMO only one — MARKETING!
The Zenmuse X5 failed due to a very unreliable design, at the top of the attachment is kept at 1 millimeter silumin plate. Of course the slightest sharp maneuver in the air or slightly abrupt landing, it breaks away without the possibility of recovery. The Inspire1 owners quickly saw through this, and now DJI nourishes hopes to sell already produced X5 uninformed the users of OSMO. If they made a universal Z3 supported and OSMO and the Inspire 1 — people wouldn't to buy X5 Gimbal. So they figured that it is better we do not have sales in excess of the Z3, but does not assume loss on the X5.
So the Z3 will be supported, but only with the new OSMO 2. So far, each device has its own camera.

And finally, DJI presentation of OSMO+ camera with optical zoom, but that cannot be installed on the Inspire 1. Thus the owners of two devices Inspire 1 and OSMO there is an ambiguous choice or buy a Z3 for inspire for $899 + X3 Zoom for OSMO for $499 or buy disposable Zenmuse X5 for $1799 which can quickly break as in Inspire 1 so in OSMO.

Zenmuse Z3 — Camera with optical zoom for DJI Inspire 1 [$ 899]
http://store.dji.com/product/zenmuse-z3

Zenmuse X3 Zoom Gimbal and Camera  — Camera with optical zoom for DJI OSMO [$ 499]
http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-plus-zenmuse-x3-zoom-gimbal-and-camera

Osmo+ — Osmo with camera with optical zoom [$ 649]
http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-plus

Причина почему Z3 не поддерживается в OSMO только одна — МАРКЕТИНГ!
Подвеска Zenmuse X5 провалилась из-за очень ненадежной конструкции, в верхней части крепления держится на 1 миллиметровой пластине из силумина. Естественно малейший резкий маневр в воздухе или слегка резкое приземление, и камера X5 отрывается без возможности восстановления. Владельцы Inspire 1 быстро раскусили X5, и теперь DJI питает надежды продать уже произведенные Х5 неосведомленным пользователям OSMO. Если бы они сделали всеобщую поддержку Z3 и для OSMO и для Inspire 1 — люди бы не стали покупать Х5 Gimbal. Так они поняли, что лучше пусть не будет сверх продаж Z3, но зато не будет убытка по перепроизведённым Х5.
И вот наконец-то DJI представляет OSMO+ — с камерой обладающей оптическим приближением, но которую нельзя установить на Inspire1. Таким образом у обладателей сразу двух устройств Inspire 1 и OSMO возникает неоднозначный выбор или купить Z3 для inspire за 899$ + X3 Zoom для OSMO за 499$ либо купить одноразовую Zenmuse X5 за 1799$ которую можно быстро поломать как в Inspire1 так и в OSMO.

2016-8-25
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ROSTOVisualFX Posted at 2016-8-26 08:27
The reason why Z3 is not supported in OSMO only one — MARKETING!
The Zenmuse X5 failed due to a ve ...

Has the problem with the X5 on the inspire 1 that you mention been documented anywhere as I am not aware of it and I am considering buying one.
2016-8-26
Use props
cobujo
New

United States

This is an older thread so many of you may already know this, but the Z3 does work with the OSMO handle, and all functionalities are there including optical zoom!

To specify, I have Matrice 100 with the Z3, and loaded the latest firmware for this setup (I can't imagine the Z3 would operate differently with Inspire/Z3 firmware but I can't say for sure).  I purchased an OSMO handle kit, attached the Z3, went through the setup steps, and it's working!

RANT--You would think, if DJI came out with a new product that was compatible with other existing products, they would want to shout it from the rooftops and market all the different ways their products are compatible.  This would encourage people to buy into their product line.  I'm not sure why they keep stuff like this a secret, but I'm at least glad that I figured it out!
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

cobujo Posted at 2016-12-15 02:06
This is an older thread so many of you may already know this, but the Z3 does work with the OSMO handle, and all functionalities are there including optical zoom!

To specify, I have Matrice 100 with the Z3, and loaded the latest firmware for this setup (I can't imagine the Z3 would operate differently with Inspire/Z3 firmware but I can't say for sure).  I purchased an OSMO handle kit, attached the Z3, went through the setup steps, and it's working!

It doesn't fit when Z3 was released. It works now after a firmware update
2016-12-15
Use props
fansbaf03708
New
  • >>>
Argentina

there is out there any option to make dji osmo+ z3 camera work with inspire 1 ?
2017-4-12
Use props
wikey
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-15 22:57
It doesn't fit when Z3 was released. It works now after a firmware update

camera status indicator turns yellow on my osmo plus, nothing comes out of the monitor.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules