OSMO not booting!
911 3 2016-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

i have a problem with my osmo, now every time i try to boot it shows an SD card error (left led YELLOW, right led RED) and doesn't let me boot, but when i take the SD out it boots normally.
i find that if i switch SLEEP MODE ON and then insert the SD it works fine, turn it off and on works, then if i swap batteries the error comes back (i wait like 20sec when shutting down the osmo before i take out the battery).
I manage to format the SD inside the osmo, and nothing changed, formated with different formats on pc, and the error keeps disturbing.

I found this folder the osmo is creating, i don't know if the information inside will be helpfull to understand the problem
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Xi28NukV6NRzJfN1lQdFJxeTQ

the SD card is the one that came with the osmo, it's a LEXAR 633X 16GB.

i remember that one day i was in a hurry, and had 2% left on the battery and wanted to switch quickly to the new one, so i turned the osmo off with the switch first and then i swapped the batteries quickly and the sd error appeared once i turned it back on, i thought i didn`t let the osmo shut down completly and i couldn't used it, so i lost the shot.
2016-7-15
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, have you tried a different SD card?  It sounds like what it says "SD card error".  The SD card may be broken.

The reason the card works fine after sleep mode is that, when OSMO starts normally, it did some self-check, and it spot the damaged SD card and refused to start. While awaking from sleep mode doesn't include self-check.

If Osmo works fine after a new SD card is inserted, you can contact support@dji.com and inquiry about the exchanging for a new card.

2016-7-17
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-18 04:46
Hi, have you tried a different SD card?  It sounds like what it says "SD card error".  The SD card m ...

Thanks for the answer!, the osmo now boots normally with the SD card, but i dont know if the error will be back, i think it happens when i switch if off quicly while taking the battery out, could it be?
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-7-18 11:05
Thanks for the answer!, the osmo now boots normally with the SD card, but i dont know if the error ...

I'm not sure about that.  Glad to know it works now.  If it happens again in the future, try another SD card. If everything fails, you can always send it to DJI for free repair.
2016-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules