Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

Barring crashes and bumps to a propeller... what kind of lifespan are you getting out of your props?

I have had the same props on for about 70 flights, covering about 40 miles of distance.  The leading edge of the props are now rough and even a bit pitted, presumably from hacking apart countless flying bugs.  I notice that the bird sounds totally different now than it did when the props were fresh, probably because the rough leading edge of each blade is no longer at peak aerodynamic efficiency and I am hearing the sound of the rough edge cutting the air.

Your thoughts?
Matt
2016-7-16
Use props
g.guaragna
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53356 ft
Italy

following this post too
2016-7-16
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting, didnt think about that. I always inspect the props for visible damage but never thought about the front of the props dulling
2016-7-16
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Props are so inexpensive, I have changed mine already, they can fatigue but unsure how long they can last for, hard to know if any craft have crashed because of prop failure as they would be broken on impact, what hours have other flyers got on their props ?
2016-7-16
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-7-16
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

IIIDaemon Posted at 2016-7-16 21:05
...Mabou2, Inspire1 Manual states 200hrs (OEM carbon reinforced), i don't find anything in the Pha ...

Hey Daemon,

I'd LOVE to have colored props, but I'm not motivated enough to bother with dyeing them.  Besides, I can't help but think that soaking the props in hot water would do something negative to them.
2016-7-18
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-7-18
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Daemon...  the DJI guys are ok and they are doing the best they can in an open forum.  Maybe give them a bit of a break?
2016-7-18
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I've also considered that the threads/fitting of the props might become loose over time when you mount and dismount the props repeatedly.    I don't know if that happens or not, but I've thought about it when it's 1000 feet from me over the lake.   I prop spin off would be bad in that situation.
2016-7-18
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

The DJI plastic props are fine. Just for info,  I changed all the props on my P3P after 30 hours of flight (before a trip to fly in the mountains). No signs of damage or fatigue. Previous full prop change was after a crash in an oak forest (only two obviously damaged). Incidentally I balance my props (DU-BRO balancer); about 1 out of 4 need a slight touch.
Have fun & good flying!
2016-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules