A3 Pro and iOSD MKII
3217 10 2016-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
apost
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842283 ft

I see that new updates connect the A3Pro and the iOSD Mk II.  But what about cables?  All of the old cables had either alignment pins or a locking clip, both of which are gone on the A3Pro system.  Can I use one of the cables with the locking clip?  It seems like a force fit, and I'm not eager to do that without some acknowledgement that it's OK.
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

There are still basic CanBus connections on the GPS components themselves that work as extensions of the CanBus ports on the MC. You would use the CanBus Extension on the GPS that is connected to the CAN1 port. All other ribbon cables for the iOSD Mark II are meant to connect to your FPV system.
2016-7-18
Use props
hotcarp12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4860725 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is this working now?
There's a cable that comes with the A3 that will connect, the one with a 90degree connector on one end.
2016-7-18
Use props
hotcarp12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I just checked, IOSDii is *still* not supported with the A3.

Still waiting for this advertised feature...
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

hotcarp12@hotma Posted at 2016-7-19 09:41
I just checked, IOSDii is *still* not supported with the A3.

Still waiting for this advertised feat ...

To clarify, have you performed the latest firmware update on the iOSD Mark II?

iosd mark ii release notes.JPG

The iOSD Mark II manual was also updated with connection diagrams on the last page:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/iosd/en/OSD+user+manual+V2.2+EN+2016.07.14.pdf
2016-7-19
Use props
hotcarp12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Ok, Thank you.  
I checked the website before I posted above but the firmware has changed overnight.
I can confirm that my iOSDii is working with the A3 now with the latest firmware.
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

hotcarp12@hotma Posted at 2016-7-20 06:50
Ok, Thank you.  
I checked the website before I posted above but the firmware has changed overnight. ...

Good to hear you're up and running. Thank you for the update
2016-7-20
Use props
jrosales
New

Costa Rica

hello my name is jimmy of Costa Rica have a problem with my new A3. It is with the connection of IOSD Mark II, searched and read in the forums some options but did not work I also discovered that the IOSD Mark II works only the voltage as it has direct current from the battery and do not work the other telemetry information.
I wonder if I can help with my problem and give me some solution or tip, I also want to know if it works all the telemetry using the IOSD Mark II or only works 100% with Lightbridge 2. Thanks
2016-10-8
Use props
fansc07acdb1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3162323 ft
Australia

I am having trouble updating the iOSD Mark ii to the latest firmware. I have the Assistant 4.1, I have the IOSD connected to the A3 via Can port, iOSD powered. PC makes audible connection sound when plugging in USB from iOSD to PC but Assistant says device not connected. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
2017-3-16
Use props
Alexandre Allain
New

United States

Hi here

I have a  A3 pro flight control and i would like to connect the IOSD MkII , but i have none of  can port connector compatible for it ? Ether on the extension port from the GPS compass are the same on of  the MC .

Could you please give me light of what cable i would need to connect the IOSD to the A3 Flight ctrl?

Thanks a lot for your help

Alex

2018-11-25
Use props
alexalla
lvl.1
Canada

Hello i know it s late to talk about the IOSD and A3 but any one got this issue when plunging the IOSD mk2 on the A3 pro , then turn on the A3 ,the A3 stay lock in the loading starting processes and never start ?.

the IOSD have the lastest updat and same for the A3 .

did you guys get this probleme by anychance ?

thanks a lot

Alex
2022-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules