Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Esc error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Ok, after 1 year and 500+ flights without any issues, I finally got esc error.
P3P with latest fw, RC with latest fw, go app 283. One year old, over 800 miles, no crashes.
Yesterday I was flying at the beach and noticed a sudden forward and down pitch on my p3p in the video as I was moving forward very slowly. It just didn't feel right so I landed it asap. Checked all motors etc. All was good, so I flew it a few more batteries. No errors were displayed on go app. View the log files all were good.
Today I flew it some more and on the last flight it started spinning at 200' up, so I gave it full throttle up and stopped the spin, as I was over a corn field with no danger to anyone I carried flying it to see if I could repeat the error, I gave it full forward stick and soon after it did the same thing. So I brought it back and checked the motors etc, again, no warning messages at all. I changed the battery and went to take off and I noticed one motor did not initiate and shortly after it shut down and I got esc error. Turned off and turned it back on, this time I got constant beeps together with esc error message. Shut it down and restarted again, this time all motors initiated with no error messages. I kept killing the motors and starting them about 10 times and it worked fine. I looked at the log in HD and noticed compass error at both occasions when I got the out of control spins, this leads me to believe that there is a problem with one of the motors as my compass readings are good. Probably the faulty motor was not turning at correct speed hence causing the spin. Since I don't trust the problem to be a one time gremlins type of error, I have grounded this one and am flying my other p3p till I figure out what is going on. I am thinking of replacing all motors. I believe the motors are soldered onto mb, correct? I don't want to send it away as I don't have much patience and like to fix things myself .
Any one has replaced the motors? Any pointers? I have taken my other P3P apart to the last screw and put it all back together, so I'm handy and brave enough to do circuit board soldering.

Thanks

2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello rayrokni,the wires of motors are soldered onto the mainboard and it is recommended to get in touch with our tech support then send it in for fixing.If you choose to repair by yourself, you can do a search in youtube to find some repairing video tutorials.
2016-7-17
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha ray,

You seem to be on top of it and I have followed your posts for almost a year now, just go for it!  But, you do not have to re-solder at the MB.  I recently replaced my P3P skin and noted that the long power cables go up and down the arms.  Just splice the new motor in along those cables.  It would be much safer and cleaner.  Some splices do not even require solder.  This repair may be "Duck Soup" as we say here in Hawai'i.  We are rooting for you!

Unfortunately, you and your experience are showing us that we and our drones may not live forever.  We may have to do repairs to keep our babies in the air - only you are pointing that they are not babies anymore.  Our hearts may need a new valve occasionally.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-18
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-7-18 16:40
Aloha ray,

You seem to be on top of it and I have followed your posts for almost a year now, j ...

Aloha,
Nice to see your post, been awhile. Thank you for the kind words. I agree with you that splicing is safer and just as good as soldering on to the mb. I will do that using a dab of solder on the splice, liquid tape and heat shrink tubes.
Hopefully it is the motor, even though I have some doubt as it turns fine when I did manage to arm the motors. I tested this by holding the P3P  high above my head and had my son give it full throttle up and  the motor did fine. So I don't know what to do, I'm torn between replacing the motors myself and hope that is the problem or send it in to dji!!
I'm more leaning toward doing it myself.

Thanks again and be safe!
2016-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules