Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Support
123Next >
9363 86 2016-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dax
lvl.1

Canada

My first impression of DJI Support is extremely less than positive.

I'm having an issue where one of our P3A's isn't completing waypoint missions, it stops mid mission and goes into hover.
As well it isn't holding the POI in Point of Interest mode, it looses orbit and just flies on a straight path to the side.

I contacted DJI support and outlined the issue and instead of any help they cut and pasted a totally irrelevant section of the manual in their response to me.  I'm pretty sure they didn't even read past the first line of my request.

Aircraft firmware and DJI go are all current versions.
Provided them with .dat flight recording of failed mission

I have 2 P3A's and one of them works great in the above circumstances, but the other does not.  Obviously an issue.

I've sent an email to the dealer I purchased it from requesting a replacement so we will see where that gets me.

I know there's lots of great experiences here, and I was one up until this aircraft arrived and didn't work out of the box.  Then it's a different story.

If DJI support is listening, it would be great if you supported your customers.

</end rant>
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your issue, Dax. Does this drone work well in other commands? Did you contact us via phone, Email or online support?
2016-7-17
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-18 10:29
Sorry for your issue, Dax. Does this drone work well in other commands? Did you contact us via phone ...

I contacted by Email, but will be opening a chat first thing in the morning.
2016-7-17
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

I've gone thru all my flight logs, and it's whenever the vehicle turns to face west, the failure happens.  We've noticed an exorbitant amount of compass errors and need to calibrate compass with this vehicle compared to our other one, but the MOD numbers are not far off of each other.

I have a replacement compass in my spare parts kit, but would like to know if the issue actually is the compass or something further up the logic chain.
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dax Posted at 2016-7-18 14:25
I contacted by Email, but will be opening a chat first thing in the morning.

Could you provide me with your ticket number? Have you synced your flight records via DJI Go app?
2016-7-17
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

Support Ticket Number: 322391

Here are the latest testing flight logs from the vehicle on the 16th (provided in my initial ticket),  I was working with UcGS in this instance and tried to fly the same pre-set mission twice, both with failure.  It was a simple 4 point square flight plan at 30m altitude and then RTH.  Both attempts it just stopped and went into hover.  Our second unit completed this flight plan twice without issue.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8pywr ... euYLVqcyToWxwa?dl=0

I don't have a DJI Go log readily available and may need to regenerate one as we've been using a plethora of mobile devices trying to troubleshoot the issue.

2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Our tech support has contacted you and offered a solution for you.Hope this issue can be solved soon.
2016-7-18
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you yes they have.

Unfortunately this UAV was being used in a very quickly growing small business.  The removal of this UAV from operations is going to cost us dearly until I can find and get a replacement on site and working.  We ordered this second aircraft to deal with growth, but are now back to one vehicle and overloaded.  

As a business this is not sustainable, and I today my task is to look at other brands of UAV's on the market and compare cost vs downtime in the case of technical issues or in this case, complete removal off the flight line over and extended period.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

dax Posted at 2016-7-22 01:09
Thank you yes they have.

Unfortunately this UAV was being used in a very quickly growing small bus ...

I'm sorry you are having difficulties.
Have you done a good IMU and compass calibration. From looking at your ticket and what the aircraft is doing it seems GPS or compass related.I see the USP label was issued this morning so when it arrives we'll get to the bottom of it.
2016-7-21
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

$289USD to fix a circuit board of a new product that hasn't worked from out of the box.

I was told the Watermark had been activated even though this drone has not been anywhere near water.  I live in the desert of the South Okanagan!!!

I called in and was told to wait for an update.
I updated my support ticket and have received no response.
I even made the request to buy a new (3rd) P3A, but was bounced around and never gotten back to or responded to directly.

This has gotten out of hand, and my experience has gone from bad to ridiculously bad.  I was hoping you guys would turn this around, but at every corner you have managed to make it worse.

I am going to pay the money as I have no choice.  It's cheaper to pay than be out the income this Uav can generate.  But at this point I am fully expecting to get it back and have it still not functional.
2016-7-28
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

Invoice has been paid.

If I treated my customers like this, I wouldn't be in business for very long.
2016-7-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dax Posted at 2016-7-29 02:19
Invoice has been paid.

If I treated my customers like this, I wouldn't be in business for very long ...

I understand your feeling, Dax. Our colleague has contacted you. Whenever the center board shows water damage, we recommend replacing it. Hopefully you'll be back in the air very soon.
2016-7-28
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

I received the UAV back from repair, but it's still not working.  

And my fear is a reality, exact same issue as I was having before I sent it off.

Upon closer inspection, It's not even my UAV that was sent back to me.  Different Serial Number, different vehicle name, and the onboard flight log has flights that date back long before I purchased mine.  

Maybe this is due to a new Mainboard, but an explanation or some response from Support would be appreciated.
2016-8-10
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

No response guys??  Service is ignoring me too.  
2016-8-12
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

Well I will just keep updating this for anybody who's interested.

Called California today and talked to a very helpful gentleman named Phil on the phone.  He seemed interested in helping me which is a positive.

I uploaded my DJI go logs from Aug 10th showing the 2 attempts at a POI orbit, both failed, both warned of "Low GPS Signal" when the P3A lost orbit and flew latterly away from the POI.  At the time the "Low GPS Signal" displayed on the screen, the GPS indicator in DJI Go showed 17 GPS's and full signal strength.

Since these logs were not enough to convince Support that there was an issue, I drove out of Controlled Airspace to my same testing field and tried 3 other tests.
1.  Flipped the controller in to F mode after take-ff and went thru the waypoint process of recording 5 waypoints, then uploaded to the P3A and told it to "Start".  It headed toward waypoint 1, stopped immediately and went into a hover and then indicated GPS error and Compass Error and started to dangerously drift away to the left.  I immediately took control and got it back.
2. Tried another POI orbit, with the exact same results as the previous day.  This time there were 14 GPS's and still full GPS signal strength.
3. Tried another Waypoint record and upload, same thing, first it stopped on the way to waypoint 1 and went into a hover, then Compass Error and the UAV went out of control.  It was all I could do to safely get it back to the landing area and get it down safely, it was all over the place.

After that I shut it down, I do not feel comfortable that this UAV will operate in a safe manor so as far as I'm concerned its Grounded.  Uploaded my logs and will wait for Support to get back to me as they said they would.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dax Posted at 2016-8-13 03:20
Well I will just keep updating this for anybody who's interested.

Called California today and talk ...

Sorry for my delay, Dax. I'd suggest you to use "reply" button so that I can get the reminder from you. Is it running with the latest DJI Go app? Does the drone fail to run POI even though the GPS signal is very strong?
2016-8-12
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-12 21:12
Sorry for my delay, Dax. I'd suggest you to use "reply" button so that I can get the reminder from ...

Yes all firmware and DJI Go app are current versions.  

Yes the DJI Go app indicates "Low GPS Signal" when the POI fails and at the same time the GPS signal indicator shows 14-17 gps's and full signal strength.
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dax Posted at 2016-8-13 15:27
Yes all firmware and DJI Go app are current versions.  

Yes the DJI Go app indicates "Low GPS Sig ...

Did you try to reinstall the app via AppStore ? Are there any plugins or apps which will influence the DJI Go app (such as some jailbreak app)?
2016-8-13
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-13 01:11
Did you try to reinstall the app via AppStore ? Are there any plugins or apps which will influence ...

Its a tablet specifically used for flying our Phantoms.   The tablet is started from a cold boot before the flight and there are no other apps running.  This same tablet works with our other P3A that can perform these tasks without issue.
2016-8-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dax Posted at 2016-8-14 00:40
Its a tablet specifically used for flying our Phantoms.   The tablet is started from a cold boot b ...

Seems strange. So currently the POI of your P3A doesn't work with any devices no matter where it is, right?
2016-8-14
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-14 19:59
Seems strange. So currently the POI of your P3A doesn't work with any devices no matter where it i ...

Neither POI nor waypoints work in DJI Go.  As well we use a program called UgCS to automate flights for photogrammetry.  The missions uploaded from that app don't work either in this drone.  The results do not vary using multiple android devices.

All of the above works in our other P3A, so it's obvious this vehicle has an issue.  

The strange part for me is why did I have to pay $400 to get the mainboard replaced when there was nothing wrong with it?  It's obvious this wasn't issue, and it's obvious that it wasn't' tested before it was sent back to me, and it's obvious that the issue hasn't been resolved even though I was assured it would be.

At this point, I will be asking for a full replacement aircraft and a refund of my $400.  
2016-8-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

dax Posted at 2016-8-15 11:22
Neither POI nor waypoints work in DJI Go.  As well we use a program called UgCS to automate flight ...

I can understand your frustration,dax. I'll escalate your case.
2016-8-15
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-15 02:21

Yep it's been escalated alright, just got this awesome email from somebody new and have to start from the beginning all over again.

Hi, this is DJI support. Your issue was brought to my attention by a member of our management team, and I wanted to assist you with a prompt resolution. I can see from our records that you recently sent your Phantom 3 Adv into our support center for repair services. I understand you are now having issue with the POI function on your Phantom.

Make sure to enable multiple flight modes in the DJI GO app. If you are still not able to get POI to work, try to use the POI feature with a different mobile device, for troubleshooting.

Here is a helpful video on using the POI function:
https: // www. youtube. com/watch?v=sGJTUIvU1eE

If this problem persists, please let us know, we can assist with additional repair services if needed, we are here to help!

I think you guys are just trying to frustrate me on purpose now.
2016-8-15
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-15 02:21

What do I have to do to get service!  Please tell me, I really need to get this sorted out.

My business is floundering and I need a second operational vehicle.  I've already bought and paid for two, and an extra $400 for the second one, I can't afford a third right now.  I really just need this working.

You keep telling me you understand my frustration, and then I get bounced all over the place and promised it will get sorted out, and nobody helps, nobody gets back to me.   ???????
2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dax Posted at 2016-8-16 03:38
What do I have to do to get service!  Please tell me, I really need to get this sorted out.

My bu ...

Dax,
I see they have sent you an RMA and waiting for your paperwork and shipping label.
Can you please re-sync your flight records and make one of the failed flights a favorite and tell me the minute mark the POI is not working GPS/Compass errors and I will look at your flight.
2016-8-15
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-15 20:27
Dax,
I see they have sent you an RMA and waiting for your paperwork and shipping label.
Can you pl ...

Hi Ken,
Thanks for looking into this.

When the vehicle was returned I wasn't able to name it so the logs will be under a vehicle name of "choose a name for your inspire".

Aug 10 2016  
01:05 set POI and start orbit
01:25 "Weak GPS Signal" error and vehicle looses POI and Orbit (17 Satellites and full signal)
02:20 set POI and start orbit
02:23 "Weak GPS Signal" error and vehicle looses POI and Orbit (17 Satellites and full signal)

Aug 12 2016 - 5Min Flight
00:51 - Record Waypoint 1
00:59 - Record Waypoint 2
01:07 - Record Waypoint 3
01:18 - Record Waypoint 4
01:28 - Record Waypoint 5
01:50 - Start waypoint mission
01:56 - "Compass Error" Vehicle mission stalls and UAV goes into a hover.
02:18 - 02:33 Vehicle takes off eraticly and is hard to gain control of. (possibly my error as it was in F-Mode)
03:45 - Record POI
03:50 -"Weak GPS" error and vehicle looses orbit.

Aug 12 3Min Flight
00:25 - 00:40 - Erratic Hover
00:53 - Record Waypoint 1
00:58 - Record Waypoint 2
01:04 - Record Waypoint 3
01:12 - Record Waypoint 4
01:19 - Record Waypoint 5
01:41 - Start Waypoint mission and immediate fail, vehicle goes into hover

Hope that helps you trouble shoot

2016-8-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dax Posted at 2016-8-16 12:01
Hi Ken,
Thanks for looking into this.

The email you have in your ticket must be different then your GO app login. I'm see no flights in the servers.
If you can post the email you use and make sure the flight records are synced.
2016-8-16
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-16 08:02
The email you have in your ticket must be different then your GO app login. I'm see no flights in  ...

It's the same account, dax@ospreyaerial.ca.

Like I said I haven't been able to name this vehicle so in my DJI Go app its listed under "choose a name for your inspire".  It used to be Osprey1-1 until I got it back from repair the first time.
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dax Posted at 2016-8-17 03:16
It's the same account, .

Like I said I haven't been able to name this vehicle so in my DJI Go app ...

I'm unable to read it on my end, since it's on the way back to the shop reply to the email with those dates and times and the flight data analysis department with analyze the data from the aircraft.
I'm sorry about that, I do not work in the repair department and they have their own analysis tools.
2016-8-16
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-16 12:35
I'm unable to read it on my end, since it's on the way back to the shop reply to the email with tho ...

Ok,  I documented it all and provided as much info a I could with the aircraft when I shipped it this morning.

I looked on my android tablet and think I found a copy of the log there.  I shared them via dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s7ok4 ... iuH5ZZwA1o7Tla?dl=0
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dax Posted at 2016-8-17 06:12
Ok,  I documented it all and provided as much info a I could with the aircraft when I shipped it t ...

I cannot do anything with those logs, let's wait until it gets here and let the data analysis team review the records from the aircraft.
2016-8-16
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-16 21:38
I cannot do anything with those logs, let's wait until it gets here and let the data analysis team ...

Got my Aircraft back today.  Immediately headed out to my test field.   Still not fixed!!!

Took both my Phantom 3's to make sure I duplicated the process, one works great, this one failed every time.  Not one successful POI orbit.   Every time after the POI orbit is started the aircraft makes about a 1/4 orbit and the voice says "Atti mode" and a "Low GPS signal" error shows up and is followed by "Compass Error", and it flies away in a straight line.
Did an IMU and Compass calibration and tried again.  Failed! Same issue!
Tried two different Android devices. Failed! Same Issue!
Linked my other RC from the P3A that works and tried that.  Failed! Same Issue!

I made the following requests in my documentation.
Please change the vehicle name: Wasn't done.
Please test: Wasn't done.

Can somebody please call me.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dax Posted at 2016-8-30 03:59
Got my Aircraft back today.  Immediately headed out to my test field.   Still not fixed!!!

Took b ...

I am sorry about that.
I just talked to a rep and they said to call in and a supervisor will speak with you.
818-235-0789
2016-8-29
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-29 13:12
I am sorry about that.
I just talked to a rep and they said to call in and a supervisor will speak ...

Calling in now.  What process do I follow?  Who do I ask for?
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dax Posted at 2016-8-30 05:20
Calling in now.  What process do I follow?  Who do I ask for?

Ask for a supervisor, again I'm really sorry about your experience.
2016-8-29
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-29 13:12
I am sorry about that.
I just talked to a rep and they said to call in and a supervisor will speak ...

Well, I called in and waited in the queue for 15-20 minutes.  
Spoke to a very nice lady named Nica, who took my name and email.
She took a few minutes to find a supervisor, but kept coming back to tell me she was still looking.  Very polite.
When she found one, she said she would transfer me over, but I sat on hold for another 20 minutes and then the line went dead.

So what now?
2016-8-29
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-29 14:43
Ask for a supervisor, again I'm really sorry about your experience.

I will try again.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Sounds good.I am sorry about that.
2016-8-29
Use props
dax
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-29 14:54
Sounds good.I am sorry about that.

Headed back to DJI for a 3rd time.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

dax Posted at 2016-8-30 07:08
Headed back to DJI for a 3rd time.

I really am sorry. Reply to my post when you get a email saying it's been checked in and being evaluated. I will check up on it.
2016-8-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules