First Time traveling with P4
1690 12 2016-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
Flight distance : 399590 ft
United States

Didn't compose any music myself for this video because I absolutley love the intersteallar soundtrack and I figured "Cornfiled Chase" was rather a fitting title for some of the scenery. It was my first time trying sports mode and I did notice some gimbal hiccups at full tilt (I've seen issues with this in the past), but I did manage to hit 22.8 m/s which is around 51 mph. The P4 moves!
2016-7-18
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Not bad at all.   I'm in awe that you didn't follow the pack and add 1000db acid rock sound track like a lot of noobs do.   Bravo to you for that !!

With a little polishing you should produce some interesting and will choregraphed videos
2016-7-18
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

really nice job... I wonder how close you can get to the deer before they bolt?... and I'm with you on the interstellar soundtrack, I still hear it, tho I have forgoten most of the movie, lol... might have helped make that movie it was so good

thanx for sharing
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Very nice video and I think the background music suits this video theme
2016-7-18
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Dronin,

How come you posted 720p and not a higher quality video?  The deer would have been such a treat in high resolution.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-18
Use props
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-7-18 15:45
Not bad at all.   I'm in awe that you didn't follow the pack and add 1000db acid rock sound track li ...

Thank You! At the time I had no idea for the music theme, so I didn't shoot accordingly (oops). As I develop my piloting skills, I am planning to incorporate larger and more complex concepts into my videos. The trick is finding enjoyable music without all the copyright nonsense, and finding a unique place to shoot.
Thanks again, Dronin
2016-7-18
Use props
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-18 15:50
really nice job... I wonder how close you can get to the deer before they bolt?... and I'm with you  ...

Well, you want know my secret *looks left and right* Well, it just so happened that a mile and a half away theres a huge oval track, and that night they were racing. It was considerably loud and I was downwind. So my theory is they couldn't hear my P4 over that noise, and therefore they were just as intrigued as me. I guess a white floaty thingy can only get so close lol.
Thanks for the feedback! Dronin
2016-7-18
Use props
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-18 15:50
really nice job... I wonder how close you can get to the deer before they bolt?... and I'm with you  ...

Well, you want know my secret *looks left and right* Well, it just so happened that a mile and a half away theres a huge oval track, and that night they were racing. It was considerably loud and I was downwind. So my theory is they couldn't hear my P4 over that noise, and therefore they were just as intrigued as me. I guess a white floaty thingy can only get so close lol.
2016-7-18
Use props
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-7-18 23:57
Aloha Dronin,

How come you posted 720p and not a higher quality video?  The deer would have be ...

Ah well you see, my editing software doesn't like 1080p very much, and however it compresses the movie I can't tell much difference. Im currently saving up for a computer that will actually allow me to process all of my 4k shots, so hopefully in the next several months I will be able to upgrade my arsenal I still need adobe lightroom too, lol
2016-7-18
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroninAdventure Posted at 2016-7-18 18:43
Ah well you see, my editing software doesn't like 1080p very much, and however it compresses the m ...

Aloha Dronin,

Have you been able to follow some of the discussion about video editing software, especially the free ones?  From very basic to DaVinci Resolve 12.5 (I still have 12) they work real well.  But, as you note, your computer plays a determining role.  GoPro has free editing, Microsoft MovieMaker is free and also DaVinci.  There are others.

If your computer can handle it, GoPro Studio has higher quality capabilities with lower processing demand.  It does a good job of converting videos.  It first decompresses it, which in your case will be the determining factor, then allows you to convert it to different compressed files that can be easier to edit with a simple program like MovieMaker.  Just a suggestion, you could try it on a short video to see if it gives you a higher resolution.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-7-19
Use props
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-7-19 16:05
Aloha Dronin,

Have you been able to follow some of the discussion about video editing softwa ...

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll be sure to look into them.
2016-7-19
Use props
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
United States

Aloha Dronin,

Have you been able to follow some of the discussion about video editing softwa ...

2016-7-19
Use props
DroninAdventure
lvl.2
United States

Aloha Dronin,

2016-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules