15975 7 2016-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779839 ft
Spain

Hello,

After my latest flight yesterday, as I was getting ready to pack the drone, I realized I couldn't remove one of the propellers.
I have a Phantom 3 Standard with the stock propellers.

My usual procedure is to hold on to the motor with one hand and then use the other hand to unscrew the propeller, following the direction shown on the actual propeller.
This worked for all propellers with the exception of this one.

I don't want to cause any damage to the shell or any other part of the drone, so I'm looking for ideas on how to remove the propeller safely.

Thanks!
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

There should be a prop wrench in the box that your aircraft came with.
2016-7-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

How, to remove a stuck prop? Ah, very carefully... ;-)
Yup, where is your metal spanner?

RedHotPoker
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2016-7-18
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

Mine came with a plastic clamp with a rubber grip. No wrench.
clamp.jpg
2016-7-18
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Spain

Thanks everyone for the quick replies. I didn't remember that I had the plastic clamp accessory. Had placed it inside a drawer and completelly forgot about it. Used it yesterday and it worked at the first try. THANKS
2016-7-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ah yes,, and how confusing. Not realizing that your Phantom 3 has the newer style motors, so then the clamp style motor wrench.
Glad you figured it out, found the proper tool, and all is well again. Ok, carry on flying... Hahaha

Thanks for the update and good news.

RedHotPoker
2016-7-19
Use props
pineforest
lvl.1

I see you have resolved your issue, so that's good.  My plastic wrench broke pretty quickly but I have managed without it pretty well.  I just received a device, three of them actually, that I ordered from Amazon for opening those pesky water bottle tops (wife has arthritis in hands), and I discovered that they work perfect for the Phantom...a bonus!  https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016-8-15
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Portugal

pineforest Posted at 2016-8-16 09:51
I see you have resolved your issue, so that's good.  My plastic wrench broke pretty quickly but I ha ...

Thanks for adding some additional insights, though.
2016-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules