3.1 Firmware Issue with Ronin and Battery
935 3 2016-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
a_pollini
New

United States

Hello, I attempted to upgrade my Ronin firmware today from 3.0 to 3.1 using Gimbal Assistant 2.2 on a MacbookPro 10.10.5.
After upgrading, I lost all functionality. The Gimbal assistant suddendly says "not Intelligent Battery" and I have no stats on the user interface.
Does not show up with bluetooth on DJI Assistant on the Iphone. I can only hear the subtle hum of the motor (the sound when the kill switch is activated).

Tried to connect with Windows 10 using both Gimbal Assistant 2.2 and 1.8. But again, received warning "Not Intelligent Battery" and couldn't access controls.

I'm using two 3400 mah batteries. The ronin is aproxiamatley 6 months old.

Thanks.

2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. To clarify, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Assistant Software and try to reapply the firmware?
2016-7-20
Use props
a_pollini
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-21 03:51
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. To clarify, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the ...

Yes Reinstalled previous version of Assistant Software on both Windows and Mac and newest version on both Windows and Mac. No Success

UPDATE:
DJI tech support could not resolve problem over the phone. In fact, the technician walked me through updating  RC Controller (as apparently you have to update this with the new firmware) in which it also "bricked" the hand controller and would not power up.
The Ronin and RC Controller are at the DJI repair center being fixed.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

a_pollini@hotma Posted at 2016-7-28 10:31
Yes Reinstalled previous version of Assistant Software on both Windows and Mac and newest version  ...

It's good to hear that the issues are being addressed. You will be up and running again in no time.
2016-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules