Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 in the Canadian Rockies
1053 6 2016-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doug.upthink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 861621 ft
United States

I had a great time using my Phantom 4 in some high winds a few weeks ago while backpacking in the Canadian Rockies. Besides the annoying VPS issues I have posted in another thread, the P4 handled the mountain conditions better than my P3Pro has in the past. I also used the Osmo with x3 for the ground level coverage.

LAND OF EMPERORS
http://vimeo.com/upthink/landofemperors
2016-7-19
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nice, watched it on my Vimeo channel the other day.  (looked like you may have been flying in the park though, which I'm in favor of).
2016-7-19
Use props
Heebus
Second Officer

Canada

wow really nice!

thanx for sharing
2016-7-19
Use props
doug.upthink
lvl.1
Flight distance : 861621 ft
United States

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-7-19 15:09
Nice, watched it on my Vimeo channel the other day.  (looked like you may have been flying in the pa ...

Cool, thanks for watching!

Oh man, I wish. I didn't fly in the national parks. The shots from Banff were all done with the Osmo and/or time-lapse on the Sony a7r. The potential inside the national parks is just insane, but Parks Canada doesn't make it easy. I was denied a permit request in the past when I was doing a small job for Banff & Lake Louise Tourism. The final project really could have benefited from aerials. Hopefully they will begin to see the potential of quadcopter use in place of helicopter use. It's definitely less disturbing to wildlife.

I did fly inside two provincial parks, but all of my pre-flight research revealed that they do not have official bans or laws in place yet. Apparently, it's on the way this year though.
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

doug.upthink Posted at 2016-7-19 16:31
Cool, thanks for watching!

Oh man, I wish. I didn't fly in the national parks. The shots from Banf ...

Really sad to hear that, I still don't understand why they ban drones in parks.
2016-7-20
Use props
Callatis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Thanks for your nice video! Doing a Canadian Rockies trip this July and I have the same question: should I take my drone with me? Driving from Calgary to Victoria, BC, and back. Spenidng 4 night in Bannf and Jasper, one night in Kamloops.
2019-4-14
Use props
FredAstra
First Officer
Flight distance : 595577 ft
United Kingdom

A bit good that !
2019-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules