Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flexibility of ronin mx with different cameras
1417 5 2016-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iantansey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi all,

I was wondering how flexible the ronin mx is to take many different types of camera, not all at the same time obviously.

As an example could it take any Nikon, canon, Sony, red dslr camera without having to buy different accessories to fit it each time.

Is it simply a case of balancing each camera and then plugging in into the drone e.g matrice 600 which would control it through the app.

Ian
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The Ronin MX and the Ronin M support cameras with similar dimensions. In the example of the RED cameras, however, you would need to buy the RED accessory kit to compensate for the camera's extra height. If you're planning to use the MX with the M600, it would be best to take a look at the following video to see what it entails:

2016-7-20
Use props
iantansey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thanks Jamie, the video is helpful. Could I fit a small camera like the GoPro 4 into ronin mx, would I need any accessories.

Could I fit the flir vue pro or pro r without any accessories. You might say buy the dji XT but I'd prefer to buy the cameras I've just mentioned. Would either of these fit and work seamlessly with a3, a3 pro or drtk for geotagging.
2016-7-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

iantansey@gmail Posted at 2016-7-21 03:42
Thanks Jamie, the video is helpful. Could I fit a small camera like the GoPro 4 into ronin mx, would ...

The Hero4 and the Flir Vue Pro would be too small to properly mount on the Ronin MX. The Ronin MX is made for DSLRs that have a little more weight and that use tripod mounts.
2016-7-20
Use props
iantansey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Do you have any plans to make a smaller version of the mx so it works with smaller cameras?

What dslr cameras does the mx work with?
2016-7-23
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

iantansey@gmail Posted at 2016-7-23 13:57
Do you have any plans to make a smaller version of the mx so it works with smaller cameras?

What ds ...

Every dslr, like the 1DC.
If you put a lighter camera 150grams you wont be able to balance , yo need more weight, like 300-400grams
2016-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules