A Glimpse Of Dayton Ohio
1623 11 2015-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Got out yesterday for a little bit. Only one battery so got to shoot a little and recharged over lunch and shot a little more. I surely can't wait for my other batteries and chargers to show up I shot this at 1080p 60fps as I don't have the ability to watch or view anything in 4k. Is there an advantage to shooting at 60fps over 30fps? You tube compresses the videos so they don't as good as they do on my couputer. Would shooting them in 4k make them look better on youtube even on my current display?

Mike

2015-1-25
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Also anyone have a web sites that offer Royalty Free Music that can be added to future video files for youtube ect ect ect...

Mike
2015-1-25
Use props
barry.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233412 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

svencool Posted at 2015-1-26 05:57
Also anyone have a web sites that offer Royalty Free Music that can be added to future video files f ...

A higher frame rate will allow you to slow down your footage in post. I always shoot a higher frame rate as it gives you the option to ramp the footage, It really can benefit your edit. Will post a link below to my current reel, its a good example how you can slowe down shots using a ramp technique. In terms of music, I like to use audionetwork (for fun personal videos) and then use firefox downloadhelper to download the track I like. OBVIOUSLY DON'T DO THIS IF YOU ARE ADVERTISING YOURSELF OR BUSINESS.  Try find a track that varies in pace and mood, it will allow you to play with shot selection, associative arrangement and timing. GOOD LUCK!

2015-1-25
Use props
barry.email
lvl.1
  • >>>
South Africa

Shooting 4K gives you the option of cropping in on your footage. So if you are working in a 1080p timeline, you can enlarge your image almost by 2 times without loosing quality.  
2015-1-25
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

barry.email Posted at 2015-1-26 06:37
Shooting 4K gives you the option of cropping in on your footage. So if you are working in a 1080p ti ...

Thanks Barry!!! I do appreciate the info. I'm am being self taught so I can only read so much and watch so much video's and with only 1 battery I don't get allot of time to practice.... I have more on order but still waiting for them. I'm using FCPX what do you use?

Mike
2015-1-25
Use props
barry.email
lvl.1
  • >>>
South Africa

svencool Posted at 2015-1-26 06:51
Thanks Barry!!! I do appreciate the info. I'm am being self taught so I can only read so much and  ...

Sure. FCP X is great. When I work in FCP X I transcode all my footage to either Pro Res 422 or GoPro Cinematools. It just makes it easier on your machine when working with a ton of files. I use Premier Pro CC at the moment though.
2015-1-25
Use props
SunnyFL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 900735 ft
United States

Hello Dayton, I see the old NCR building. Did you freeze your fingers. I went out Jan 23th (35 degress) and flew my I 1 for the first time in the Fairborn area. Good flying.
2015-1-25
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I grew up in Dayton, OH. I remember Carillon Park...thaonnks for the video and the memory. Dayton...Birthplace of aviation.
2015-1-25
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

SunnyFL Posted at 2015-1-26 08:23
Hello Dayton, I see the old NCR building. Did you freeze your fingers. I went out Jan 23th (35 degre ...

I was out yesterday and was heading out this morning to a couple ore places but when I got to them the rain had just moved in and the rain has turned into a wintery mix might have to get up early for work lol..... Fairborn your not to far away. If you ever wanna meet up let me know...

Mike
2015-1-25
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-1-26 08:41
I grew up in Dayton, OH. I remember Carillon Park...thaonnks for the video and the memory. Dayton... ...

Anytime Pete your gonna see a few more from this area lol......

Mike
2015-1-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-7-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

barry.email Posted at 2015-1-25 14:11
A higher frame rate will allow you to slow down your footage in post. I always shoot a higher frame rate as it gives you the option to ramp the footage, It really can benefit your edit. Will post a link below to my current reel, its a good example how you can slowe down shots using a ramp technique. In terms of music, I like to use audionetwork (for fun personal videos) and then use firefox downloadhelper to download the track I like. OBVIOUSLY DON'T DO THIS IF YOU ARE ADVERTISING YOURSELF OR BUSINESS.  Try find a track that varies in pace and mood, it will allow you to play with shot selection, associative arrangement and timing. GOOD LUCK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDoXb6QsQGc&list=UUUKRtzMbzTCV-bZKmaTCwhg

Excellent footage
2020-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules