Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Afternoon all,

I was just wondering if anyone is using the DJI battery charging hub at all?  I'm looking at getting one to possibly ease the process of charging multiple batteries, and also to use for putting the batteries in "Storage" charge after a flying session.  I've not managed to find any comments, good or bad though, and I don't like to buy things without a bit of user feedback.

I did consider buying a couple of spare chargers, which means I could charge a set of 3 batteries in the time it takes to charge one, but then I wouldn't be able to put the batteries back to storage charge level without flying them a bit.

Andy
2016-7-21
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

I use mine a lot
Ususally fly 3 batteries then put them on charge, I can safely leave it charging them
Never tried storage charge with it as I fly every other day or so
2016-7-21
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Andy,  I recently bought the hub.  Although I think it is overpriced, and although I wish it had its own power supply so I could just plug it into the wall without having to get out the P4's charger, I think it is a very important piece of kit.  I have a bunch of drone work, sometimes finishing in the early evening one day, then starting bright and early the next.  If I had to manually charge one battery at a time I'd be screwed.  It is REALLY nice being able to charge three batteries without me having to manage the process.  I have yet to try the conditioning setting, but I imagine it will be beneficial as well.

I'd buy it if I were you.
2016-7-21
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

on facebook in: OFFICIAL DJI PHANTOM 4 OWNERS (https://www.facebook.com/groups/PHANT4/)
that I read about some who had bought another type of charger that can charge three pieces at a time, but probably no storage charge. it seems that they liked this.
i found it her: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ ... om%204&_sacat=0

and wonder if i should by this

2016-7-21
Use props
MAD35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4387201 ft
Australia

I have two of them so I can charge my 6 batteries without having to swap them over and keep an eye on them.  It's an essential purchase along with the ND Filters, car charger and adapter to be able to charge my iPad from the Intelligent Flight Battery.
2016-7-21
Use props
Clell
lvl.1

We bought one and really like it, haven't used the storage feature yet.  I was under the impression that it charged all three batteries at the same time but it only charges one at a time and when the first one has finished it goes on to the next one and so on.  It's still great tho because I don't have to watch it or remember to change it out from one to the other like the charger that came with it.
2016-7-21
Use props
avpg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178058 ft

I make my DIY charger .

2016-7-21
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft

ive used mine to store batt it does all three at same time for storage.
too many beers may not use all charged batterys.
2016-7-21
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2

Hi Andy,
I have the DJI Phantom 3 Battery Charging Hub. I bought it when I purchased my P3 Advanced back in late January. I have not had any issues with mine when charging my four P3 Intelligent Flight Batteries as well as the remote controller. I attached a picture below with all four batteries gettin juiced. You can't go wrong with it, and it definitely saves time from keeping up with charging one battery at a time. :-)

2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jan Jensen Posted at 2016-7-21 09:03
on facebook in: OFFICIAL DJI PHANTOM 4 OWNERS (https://www.facebook.com/groups/PHANT4/)
that I read  ...

I don't recommend this.

1. I wouldn't risk 3*169=507 dollars on this, it doesn't even have a brand.
2. I don't have a situation that I need to fly more than 3 batteries in one day, if I do, I would buy or rent extra batteries for it.  And let the batteries charge when I'm sleeping.
2016-7-21
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-22 07:53
I don't recommend this.

1. I wouldn't risk 3*169=507 dollars on this, it doesn't even have a bran ...

You DJI ? . dont recommend a non branded charger , yet happy to charge battery's over night unattended , any one else reading, do not charge over night inside your home  , Lipo battery's should always be monitored during charging .
2016-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules