Osmo Pro and Car Mount?
1544 6 2016-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexander.sucke
lvl.2

Germany

Hi,

ist the Car Mount strong enough for the Osmo with the X5 Camera?
2016-7-21
Use props
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

It's really not strong enough for the X3, great idea but needs some vibration damping, did 35 minutes with the mount on an old classic (Jaguar E-Type) and the Osmo gimbal was rattling about - was replaced under warranty.

Be very wary
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

terrierist Posted at 2016-7-21 16:01
It's really not strong enough for the X3, great idea but needs some vibration damping, did 35 minute ...

Thank you for your feedback, we'll work to improve our products in the future
2016-7-22
Use props
azzgrip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290371 ft
Australia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-22 20:18
Thank you for your feedback, we'll work to improve our products in the future

I have both the mount and the x5 but unfortunately this device can't get the shot the stabilisation work great but the smooth track function makes the camera pan of from the set shot while the car turns a corner
it is very frustrating as this could be remedied with a software fix
can't find a way to sort this problem out
Aron
2016-8-3
Use props
masonthoward
lvl.2

United States

azzgrip Posted at 2016-8-3 23:28
I have both the mount and the x5 but unfortunately this device can't get the shot the stabilisatio ...

Have you tried locking the orientation?
2016-8-5
Use props
masonthoward
lvl.2

United States

I've used the X5 with the car mount at SLOW speeds. I suppose you could somehow attach a safety wire from the device to the car in hopes of, at least, keeping the Osmo off the ground.
2016-8-5
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I've pulled and tugged on the car mount, to the point of almost breaking the window, it seems really strong. But ... the window or panel has to be really flat. Even slight curves usually means one sucker not sticking properly. Also try to have 2 suckers at the top as it will want to pivot on the bottom one, if you have 1 at the top it's more likely to pop off. On my car I can only find 3 places flat enough for a good grip, none are based on the shot I may want, simply where it will stick properly. Quite limiting really.

I've tried a strap in case it falls off, but I think this will probably cause more damage to the camera and car, the osmo will be flapping around bouncing off your car till you can stop.
2016-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules