Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Hi,

For some time now I've been having an issue with my P3A. Some, but not all of the times, when I power it up I get no video feed. I can shoot stills and video, control the gimbal, everything else works.
I can solve it by powering off and on, but sometimes I need to do it more than once. Also, switching between PAL and NTSC resets the camera and the feed usually starts showing. Sometimes more than one reset is needed.
This issue happens with the DJI GO app and also with my own app. When checking with my app I can see that video packets are received from the aircraft, but in an irregular way. The video decoder cannot decode them to create an image. Also, when reseting by toggling PAL/NTSC I sometimes get 'Camera error code 01' message through the SDK's DJIDiagnostics.
Of course, the aircraft is in perfect condition and has not been through any crashes or bad landings.After the video starts showing it keep going throughout the flight. Never had issues during flight. Even when going out of range and losing feed, it comes back when I get back in range.
All the tests I have done seem to indicate it's not a hardware problem, but I could be wrong. I am not sure, but I think the issue began after one of the firmware upgrades. Not sure which and even if related.
Is there anyone with this issue as well?
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
  Eran

2016-7-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Hope DJI chimes in.. what happens if u unplug the tablet, then plug it back in? this used to be an issue for me on the previous firmware. The current firmware seems happy, but I also upgraded to NVidia Shield tablet....
2016-7-21
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Has nothing to do with plugging/unplugging device or power cycling the RC. Tried it.
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Since you're also using SDK, have you been in contact with dev@dji.com for assistance as well?
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Eran, which mobile device do you use? Does the issue come up with DJI Go app? Also, you can try to extract the bin file into the sd card (format at first) and let the drone re-check its firmware. Then post the hidden update log here.
2016-7-21
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5. The issue happens both with DJI GO app and with my own app. I will try to let the drone recheck the firmware.
How do I access the hidden log?
2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

EranR Posted at 2016-7-22 14:20
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S5. The issue happens both with DJI GO app and with my own app. I will t ...

Here are the steps:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-7-21
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Here is the LOG file. Does it indicate anything wrong?

P3S_FW_LOG_AB.zip

6.23 KB, Down times: 3

log

2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

EranR Posted at 2016-7-22 14:52
Here is the LOG file. Does it indicate anything wrong?

I've checked the log and your drone's hardware is normal. First I'd suggest you to replug the 6pin and 8pin cables on the gimbal and make sure that they are tight. Second, I'd suggest you to power on your drone at first before flight and give it some time to warm up. Then power on the RC and connect the mobile device to enter the app.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Here is pin cable position: 6pin和8pin线.JPG
2016-7-22
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Thank you so much for the advice!!! I'm so happy to know my hardware is OK.I take care of this drone as if it was a child. Sometimes my kids envy it...

A few questions though:
1. Is it possible to disconnect the cables to the gimbal without taking apart the anti-drop pins?
2. How much time after powering-on should I let the aircraft warm-up before powering-on the RC?

Thanks again,
  Eran

2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

EranR Posted at 2016-7-22 16:25
Thank you so much for the advice!!! I'm so happy to know my hardware is OK.I take care of this drone ...

1.I think it will be difficult to do that.Maybe you need the tweezers and do a search in Youtube.
2.Just a few seconds
2016-7-22
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

As you suggested, I removed the gimbal (had to break the 2 plastic washers on the anti-drop pins) and checked the cables. They look fine. Cleaned everything with contact spray and put everything back together. Unfortunatly it didn't solve the problem. Still happens some of the times I power-up.
Waiting for warm-up doesn't seem to work either.
Resetting the camera by sending a setVideoStandard command through the SDK or toggling NTSC/PAL in the DJI GO app make the video feed start, but it's annoying.
Is there anything more I can do?
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

EranR Posted at 2016-7-22 17:17
As you suggested, I removed the gimbal (had to break the 2 plastic washers on the anti-drop pins) an ...

Does the same issue happen even thought you power on the rc and connect the DJI Go app when the drone has been warming up for 10 or 15 seconds?
2016-7-22
Use props
manuelnegronpr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi EranR, you are not alone. This happen to me as you mention here. I just turn off the Phantom and power on again.
2016-7-22
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Yes, even if I power up the RC only after the drone is on and the camera complete's it warm up (green LED in gimbal stops blinking and after the 3 beeps like this D-DD).
It looks like it's related only to the aircraft, since once it happens, power cycling the RC doesn't help.
Also, happens only on drone power up or camera reset. Once it's OK and I takeoff, it never happens in flight, at least not so far.
2016-7-22
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

Is there a way to do a factory reset on the aircraft and/or on the RC?
Is there a way to force it to re-install the latest firmware?
Just want to say that this issue is not a big problem, it's just a annoying.
It's just that there was no such issue when the drone was new and I have no idea whether it could get worse to the point where I could not get a video feed, even after power cycling the drone or doing a camera reset.
Got any speculations on that, DJI-Paladin?

Thanks,
   Eran

2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

EranR Posted at 2016-7-22 22:08
Is there a way to do a factory reset on the aircraft and/or on the RC?
Is there a way to force it to ...

You can downgrade the firmware and then upgrade again.
You can also try relinking.
Also try another device just to see if it's possibly your S5.
And in the box you should find 2 more drop pins, don't fly without those. Any excessive force and the the gimbal can pop off and cables unplug.If those do not work then please contact support and have it sent in for repair.
2016-7-22
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

I tried linking the drone and RC. I will try using a friend's Samsung Note 3 tomorrow.
This issue appeared in one of the previous firmware versions, not the current one. Is it still worth the effort to downgrade/upgrade the firmware? Is there any risk in that?
Support for the drone is supposed to be provided by a DJI authorized dealer, here in Israel, where I purchased the drone. Unfortunatly I don't really trust them and I know they will tell me to send the drone to DJI. I know this will cost me ALOT of money and I will not see my drone for months. This is unacceptable for me.
BTW, of course I used the spare anti drop pins. I wouldn't fly without them. I will buy new spare ones soon.
2016-7-22
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Be aware that you can remove and reuse those anti-drop pins.  Search Youtube for videos showing how to replace/repair the gimbal, and they will show you how.
2016-7-22
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
  • >>>
Israel

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-22 17:37
You can downgrade the firmware and then upgrade again.
You can also try relinking.
Also try another ...

To what firmware version do you think I should downgrade to make a clean upgrade.
2016-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules