Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jafarini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15252589 ft
  • >>>
Georgia

Hi folks

I noticed that after one of the firmware update the active braking became extremely aggressive on Phantom 3 (ADV/PRO).

I also managed to have my Phantom crashed. It was overturned during braking.  
Have more than 400 flights and I think I did nothing unusual. The wind was also not strong.

Now after buying another P3 I still notice that active braking is very aggressive on this machine as well.
It is so aggressive that I afraid to release the knob immediately when moving forward. I always try slowing down very carefully.

From DJI GO I decreased the braking power to 80 but it is still not normal compared to what I remember it was 1 year ago.

Is it just me or do you notice this thing happen? Maximum braking power is 120 on the GO app but I cannot imagine what it could be and why DJI puts it here.

When I bought new P3 I use the same old controller. Could it be problem? I tried to recalibrate the controller.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions beforehead.
2016-7-22
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Could you elaborate on "overturned during braking"?

Did it turn upside down in the air and then fall to the ground?

I notice breaking get more aggressive at one point, but I also remember that before that, it used to coast. That is, you could let up on the throttle and it would still travel for a good distance after that.

I can imagine a scenario where people would stop flying by letting go of the throttle at some point short of an object, then see the craft continue on and hit the object. If this happened enough times and people complained to DJI, they might adjust the default breaking behavior. But it should still be adjustable to return to the previous behavior.

Have you tried a number under 80?
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Can you please post a video showing how aggressive it is braking?
Since you have it turned down all the way it should not be a hard stop.
Also, you said your old Phantom crashed from braking as it braked so hard that it went inverted.
That cannot happen and you sent the flight records in to be evaluated correct?
Pleas sync your flight record and star that flight as a favorite and provide the date and youe DJI login email and I would like to review that flight.

After you post a video of the violent braking you currently are experiencing then I will tell you if that is normal or if you should send the aircraft in.
2016-7-22
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Georgia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-22 07:55
Can you please post a video showing how aggressive it is braking?
Since you have it turned down all the way it should not be a hard stop.
Also, you said your old Phantom crashed from braking as it braked so hard that it went inverted.

Hi Ken

Thanks for the message.

The log is synchronized Flight date is 22.05.2016 (4th flight) Distance 25.3m

Unfortunately the drone is dead I cannot fly with it anymore otherwise I will be recording the video. After this accident it is falling very often without any reason.

2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

JAFARINI Posted at 2017-1-5 02:04
Hi Ken

Thanks for the message.

Your last post was almost 6 months ago. What is your email and I will review the last flight.
2017-1-5
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
  • >>>
Georgia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-5 07:41
Your last post was almost 6 months ago. What is your email and I will review the last flight.

my email is: jafarini@gmail.com

Incident with active braking was this flight: Flight date is 22.05.2016 (4th flight) Distance 25.3m

Thanks
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules