12Next >
3709 74 2016-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tiansimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 593120 ft

Hi fellow flyers

I sent in my P4 back to DJI because of unusable horizon issues, firstly I must say they are very quick they recieved it Tuesday and I got a notification today of my UPS tracking number so that's very impressive.

But what I'm wondering has anyone else sent in a DJI faulty product and had a "service" done on it?  I guess it could mean anything although I was expecting the word "repair" Ive attached the invoice I had in the email.
invoice.PNG
2016-7-22
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

I read on here a few have gotten theres back quickly, and thern checked serial numbers and found out they got a diferent P4, but I guess as long as its fixed...
2016-7-22
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-23 03:14
I read on here a few have gotten theres back quickly, and thern checked serial numbers and found out ...

I was wondering if they were going to "replace" the gimbal and camera as I doubt if they have time to strip it down and repair it.

I would be disappointed if there is no difference when it comes back, as I found the issue to be unworkable.
2016-7-22
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

lets hope for the best then...
2016-7-22
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-23 04:46

indeed I should have it by Wednesday
2016-7-22
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-23 04:46

2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-23 04:38
I was wondering if they were going to "replace" the gimbal and camera as I doubt if they have time ...

If you have any issue when you receive it, please post a video.
Turn around times are great.
2016-7-22
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi tiansimpson. Good to hear your drone is on its way back. As I said before - Dji Netherlands have an excellent quick response. Wow you will have it back in your hands on Wednesday, just as quick as my DOA replacement from Netherlands...great news.

I wonder what they fixed for the tilt? I wonder if it is minor adjustment to the gimbal to fix it? If so can Dji let us know what they did lol

I have fingers crossed your tilt issue is resolved and you can enjoy flying the rest of the summer now
2016-7-22
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

BrianJ Posted at 2016-7-23 05:03
Hi tiansimpson. Good to hear your drone is on its way back. As I said before - Dji Netherlands have  ...

Yes I hope so. I'll have to check my serial number to see if it has changed too.
2016-7-22
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-23 05:00
If you have any issue when you receive it, please post a video.
Turn around times are great.

Ok thanks Ken I will of course. Do you think they have serviced it? or adjusted it? or do you think they mean "service" in a general term?
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-23 05:16
Ok thanks Ken I will of course. Do you think they have serviced it? or adjusted it? or do you thin ...

I don't know what exactly it means, I don't think it means adjustment. It may be a replaced part.
2016-7-22
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

I sent mine back to DJI-NL also. I received an email yesterday that I should have it back on Tuesday. Total time out of my hands? A week and a half. Awesome.

Most of that time will be shipping.

The email did show the serial number of the unit being sent back to me. It doesn't match the SN of the one I sent off. I'm guessing it's either a new unit or a refurbished one.

We'll have to wait and see. As long as it works, I'm not bothered too much.

Amazing service DJI.
2016-7-22
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

alpinekiwi Posted at 2016-7-23 14:33
I sent mine back to DJI-NL also. I received an email yesterday that I should have it back on Tuesday ...

nice, what was your original fault?
2016-7-23
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
France

Disconnected compass and wonky horizon
2016-7-24
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

alpinekiwi Posted at 2016-7-24 19:35

I checked my serial after you mentioned it, mine is the same. I'm not sure what they have done DJI-Ken thinks it may be a replacement part.
2016-7-24
Use props
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
France

2016-7-24
Use props
userd3907ccc07
New

Costa Rica

Where is the closest DJI authorized service to 77447
2016-7-24
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

userd3907ccc07 Posted at 2016-7-24 21:24
Where is the closest DJI authorized service to 77447

I don't know sorry.
2016-7-24
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Glad to hear you got it back, and fast too, nice work DJI
2016-7-24
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-24 22:59
Glad to hear you got it back, and fast too, nice work DJI

I haven't got it yet only the tracking number which doesn't work in the ups tracking service yet.
2016-7-24
Use props
brickard
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-7-25
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

brickard Posted at 2016-7-25 22:51
Could have been firmware upgrade only and labor associated with the upgrade and testing? That price  ...

Yes the invoices are e-mail. I'm getting my P4 back Wednesday I will post the results here if its not raining.
2016-7-25
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft
United States

I sent my brand new one in the 1st time for drops, horizon issues and noisy camera and received someone else's beat up drone. I sent it back and they sent me a "supposedly" new one. The new one had the same camera noise, tilted horizon, also false altitude readings. I sent that one in and they sent me another refurbished one. This one too has the tilted horizon,  and now it disconnects from the app and I noticed the altitude reading was off a little bit.
Both times I received an invoice with a list of parts that were repaired, Im guessing on this.  I'm not sure what is going on but I never got back the ones I sent in. I'm not sending this one back. I bought this in April. So my experience was not the greatest. They had the crafts for over 5 days each time so I thought it was repaired since they had it for a period of time.  If they going to send replacment it should not take that long to send it back. And if a repair was not done but a replacement was sent, why doesn't the paperwork reflect this. SMH. Not a great experience for my 1st drone. I love the craft but not the process. I'm just going to have it looked at from the place I bought it. They do repairs there. Luckily I bought a 3rd party warranty that will fix it or replace it even if I broke it on purpose. BTW. My brother sent his in too, for camera noise and horizon. They sent him a different one with no camera noise but the horizon is off and this one has altitude drops. He also has an invoice showing a parts list for repair. This is crazy for the amount of money we spent. It really bites. I don't want to give it up for another brand. I can't find anything as nice as this. I am just going b to have to deal with it since I can't get my money back. If I could I would return it. Live and learn, and get the bad end of the deal is the way I look at it. Good luck with yours.
2016-7-25
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-7-26 01:51
I sent my brand new one in the 1st time for drops, horizon issues and noisy camera and received some ...

Sorry to hear about your experiences, apparently they are sending back the one I sent in (serial number checks out on receipt), however I will keep people in this thread updated.
2016-7-25
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

RE: Phantom 4 Serviced? Horizon issue after Service UPDATE

Ok as you may know I've been having horizon issues to the point where I could not shoot a decent video. I sent the P4 back Monday 18th Today Wed 27th I got it back and tested it.

Firstly my P4 was exactly the same one as I sent in and so is the gimbal.

I have posted the Before and After for you to see the difference

A quick note about todays video I had a wind of 16 mph and gusts of 24 mph I didn't realise how strong the wind was however I am very pleased with the results Thanks DJI Excellent service and super quick repair or adjustment.

Here is the Before Video

and now the after serviced video

Thanks again DJI  
2016-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well tiansimpson that's good news, video looks pretty good, good job
2016-7-27
Use props
dead fred
lvl.1

United States

Awesome, always glad to see someone on here happy with service results. Hope the unit stays in good shape for you.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-28 04:06
Ok as you may know I've been having horizon issues to the point where I could not shoot a decent vid ...

That's great, thanks for posting.
2016-7-27
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-28 05:00
That's great, thanks for posting.

No problem I think we should all take the time to post something positive when we are helped, its encouraging for us all.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-28 05:39
No problem I think we should all take the time to post something positive when we are helped, its  ...

Yes it definitely is.
2016-7-27
Use props
BrianJ
lvl.2

United Kingdom

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-27 22:39
No problem I think we should all take the time to post something positive when we are helped, its  ...

Fantastic tiansimpson I bet you are well pleased with this outcome. Customers in the UK are very fortunate to have Dji Netherlands as our closest support center because once again they have returned excellent results, very satisfying indeed.

Now what I would love to know is what adjustment was made to fix this as you have your original baby with same gimbal. Is it a slight mechanical adjustment or software?

Are your Gimbal manual settings on the GO app set at 0.0 ?

Again...Well done Dji Netherlands for helping fix tiansimpson's issue so quickly.
2016-7-27
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft

dead fred Posted at 2016-7-28 04:51
Awesome, always glad to see someone on here happy with service results. Hope the unit stays in good  ...

I agree. If I had something positive to say I would have. All I can state are the facts and it was not positive on my end. I'm not bad mouthing them just sharing my experience. I guess theres a difference between the USA and the EUR offices.

I'm happy things worked out for you and your issues were resolved. Maybe I should send mine to Europe.
2016-7-27
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

BrianJ Posted at 2016-7-28 05:59
Fantastic tiansimpson I bet you are well pleased with this outcome. Customers in the UK are very fo ...

right ok I don't know what they did the receipt just stated "service" I think it was some adjustment but I'm just guessing. Settings everything are set at 0 for manual gimbal. I had some instructions that stated that I had to Pair my p4 to my controller again and 2 make sure I did a IMU calibration censor call and gimbal call. That's all I did then went and tested it.
2016-7-27
Use props
tiansimpson
lvl.4

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-7-28 06:23
I agree. If I had something positive to say I would have. All I can state are the facts and it was ...

I suppose you could sent it there. I'm glad I was without mine just for a few days because now I can hopefully enjoy it rather that despair at it lol
2016-7-27
Use props
dead fred
lvl.1

United States

juliovincentyjr Posted at 2016-7-27 18:23
I agree. If I had something positive to say I would have. All I can state are the facts and it was ...

It would be kind of interesting to see the variance between United States and Europe service and survey results actually.

My results from US have been lacking as well for multiple Phantom 4 services so I understand your woes.

Glad to see others happy with US service now and then.
2016-7-27
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Glad to hear u got it n all is well... and you a right, to much bad, not enough good being said... not many come to praise tho... weird how that works... I have posted a thread here before how I am thank full for the help I have recieved... still happy here
2016-7-27
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

tiansimpson Posted at 2016-7-22 13:52

Good luck on your issue, never sent a bird in but I read alot of great service experience from others here.
Its not Perfect but speaking for myself you have the best company I believe with all the customers and support available its a great community
happy flights  and good luck to you!
Steve
2016-7-27
Use props
asimokid
lvl.2

Indonesia

I have the same issue
2016-7-27
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

I had that issue as well. Just swapped it out with Amazon since it was a week old.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-7-28 13:24
I had that issue as well. Just swapped it out with Amazon since it was a week old.

Does the new one perform well?   
2016-7-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules